Who We Are
FTI Consulting is the world’s leading expert-driven consulting firm. Over the last 40 years, FTI Consulting experts have served as the trusted advisor to Fortune 500 companies and the world’s leading law and private equity firms when they are facing their greatest opportunities and challenges. Our strong performance and continued success are a direct reflection of the ambition, energy, and commitment of our talented professionals across the globe to make a positive impact for our clients and communities.
At FTI Consulting, you’ll be inspired and empowered to make an impact on headline matters that change history. Working side by side with the world’s leading experts in your field, you’ll be surrounded by an open collaborative culture that embraces diversity, recognition, professional development and most importantly, you.
There’s never been a more exciting time to join FTI Consulting and this is where you will do the most exciting and fulfilling work of your career.
Are you ready to make an impact?
About The Role
The Software Solutions team is a high-performing team that works across both corporate engagements and litigation matters to deliver data-driven solutions to our clients. As experts in bespoke web application development, the Software Solutions team is involved in engagements spanning corporate strategy, litigation, investigations, disputes, compliance, regulatory support, financial crime, fraud, and performance improvement. The team employs a range of evolving open source and cloud technologies to design, build, and deliver solutions.
This specialized team creates scalable and feature-rich web applications using a modern toolkit. Recent solutions have used containerization, Angular, React, NestJS, TypeScript, Python, Django, Laravel and a wide range of AWS services. You will have a direct impact on helping drive innovation by promoting and selecting technologies to meet ever changing client needs and evolving industry trends.
What You’ll Do
As a developer, you will develop in-depth knowledge of your clients’ objectives and challenges in order to design and implement innovative strategies to assist them through their current difficulties and prepare them for the future. Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Designing, creating, and implementing client-centric web applications.
- Analyze, code, and test simple to moderate modules (both new and changes to existing programs) from design specifications.
- Learn existing applications and design new tools to improve processes.
- Identifying the relationships among multiple sources and types of data and organizing this information to facilitate effective data analysis.
How You’ll Grow
We are committed to investing and supporting you in your professional development and we have developed a range of programs focused on fostering leadership, growth and development opportunities. We aim to promote continuous learning and individual skills development through on-the-job learning, self-guided professional development courses and certifications. You’ll be assigned a dedicated coach to mentor, guide and support you through regular coaching sessions and serve as an advocate for your professional growth.
As you progress through your career at FTI Consulting, we offer tailored programs for critical professional milestones to ensure you are prepared and empowered to take on your next role.
What You Will Need To Succeed
- Actively pursuing a full-time bachelor’s degree or completing a fifth-year master’s program with a graduation date between December 2022 – July 2023
- Minimum 3.0 Cumulative GPA and 3.0 Major GPA
- Permanent US work authorization
- 1 to 3 years of Web Application development.
- Experience working in a team-oriented environment.
- Competency in Object Oriented Programming
- Competency in relational database query languages such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, t-SQL, PL/SQL, or similar.
- Competency in .NET, Java, C++, Python, PHP and/or Ruby.
- Experience with MVC frameworks such as Laravel, Django, or Rails
- Experience with version control systems such as Git
- Able to work on a team as well as independently.
- Able to adapt quickly in handling multiple/evolving tasks as a result of new engagements and/or re-prioritized deadlines.
- Highly motivated, hard-working, eager to learn, and able to motivate others.
- Able to regularly communicate status (to both internal and external clients).
- Able to produce high quality and/or final work product under strict deadlines.
- Ability to travel to clients and FTI Consulting office(s)
- COVID Vaccine required*
*Individuals seeking an exemption from this requirement for medical or religious reasons should complete a request for accommodation form by contacting
- Competency in TypeScript, Node.js, Angular, React, Vue.js Bootstrap
- Competency in Linux and Apache
- Competency in Agile principles and test-driven development (TDD)
- Experience developing and/or consuming APIs
- Flexibility to provide night and weekend coverage when requested
Our goal is to support the well–being of you and your families—physically, emotionally, and financially. We offer comprehensive benefits such as the following:
- Competitive total compensation, including bonus earning potential
- Full package of benefits plans, including health, dental, vision coverage, along with life and disability insurance
- Generous paid time off
- Company matched 401K
- Potential for flexible work arrangements
- Generous paid parental leave and flex return support
- Family care benefits, including back-up child/elder care
- Employee Wellness Platform
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Paid time off for volunteering in your community
- Corporate matching for charitable donations most important to you
- Make an impact in our communities through company sponsored pro bono work
- Professional Development and Certification Programs
- In office free snacks and drinks
- Free smartphone and plan
- FTI Perks & Discounts at retailers and businesses
- Upscale offices close to public transportation
- Pet insurance
About FTI Consulting
FTI Consulting is a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping clients with their most significant opportunities and challenges. With more than 7,500 employees located in 30 countries, our broad and diverse bench of award –winning experts advise their clients when they are facing their most significant opportunities and challenges. At FTI Consulting, we embrace, cultivate and maintain a culture of diversity, inclusion & belonging, which are fundamental components to our core values. FTI Consulting is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and has been named the #1 Professional Services Firm on Forbes List of America’s Best Employers and the best firm to work for by Consulting Magazine. For more information, visit and connect with us on and .
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
- Job Family/Level: Op Level 1 – Consultant
- Citizenship Status Accepted: USA Citizenship, Permanent Resident
- Exempt or Non-Exempt?: Exempt
- Minimum Pay: 60000
- Maximum Pay: 90000