There are over 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more… many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before! Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Primary Location: United States (US) – Iowa – Ankeny
Function: Engineering (CA)
Title: Senior Software Systems Engineer – 99971
This position is eligible for a flexible work schedule arrangement at the present time. The arrangement may be delayed for training or other job acclimation purposes and remains subject to change.
As a Senior Software Systems Engineer for the John Deere Intelligent Solutions Group division located in Ankeny, IA, you will:
- Perform software systems engineering tasks, including requirements analysis, software requirements development, architecture development, diagnostics definition, software coding, design/code reviews, and Model Based Software Development (MBSD) and testing to support software portability and reuse across multiple vehicle platforms.
- Align with other crop harvesting and hay and forage platforms to maintain a common software architecture.
- Work closely with systems, mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical engineers to design, develop, and maintain systems on cotton harvesting equipment.
- Drive enterprise led best practices to the team including TDD, virtual verification, early development of plant models, on-vehicle testing, and field visits.
VISA Sponsorship is NOT Available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- Demonstrated leadership capability, project management, communication, and teamwork skills.
- Proficient in software development and architecture through education, training, and/or projects.
- Advanced knowledge with embedded software infrastructure work such as Real Time operating System (RTOS) configuration, application integration, controller bring-up, hardware integration, and complex device driver development.
- Strong, demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Ability to identify architecture, process, and technical knowledge gaps on the team and work collaboratively to close them.
What Makes You Stand Out
- Technical experience relating to design and diagnostics of mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems in Agricultural or Construction vehicles.
- Experience in requirements management and traceability.
- Experience with John Deere programming tools and operating systems.
- Experience with simulation and modeling tools, including: Matlab, SImulink, and ECU Test.
- Technical skills and knowledge in CAN communications protocols such as the J1939 and ISO 14229 standards.
- Experience coaching and mentoring others.
- A degree/certificate in Systems Engineering.
Ideally you will have a degree or equivalent related work experience in the following:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, or Systems Engineering.
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go while working in an inclusive team environment. Here, you’ll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive reward package to help you get started on your new career path, including:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Highly competitive base pay and performance bonuses
- Savings & Retirement benefits (401K and Defined Benefit Pension)
- Healthcare benefits with a generous company contribution in the Health Savings Account
- Adoption assistance
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition assistance
- Fitness subsidies and on-site gyms at specific Deere locations
- Charitable contribution match
- Employee Purchase Plan & numerous discount programs for personal use
Follow this link to learn more about our Total Rewards Package
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
The terms of the applicable benefit plans, and all company actions administering or interpreting these plans, continue to control. Deere & Company reserves the right to suspend, amend, modify, or terminate the Plan(s) in any manner at any time, including the right to modify or eliminate any cost-sharing between the company and participants. Changes, which can be made at any time, are made by action of the company’s board of directors, or to the extent authorized by resolution of its board of directors, or by the Deere & Company Compensation Committee. In the event of a conflict between the language of the official Plan Documents and this document, the language of the official Plan Documents will control.
ACA Section 1557 Nondiscrimination Notice
The John Deere Health Benefit Plans for Salaried Employees and The John Deere Benefit Plan for Wage Employees comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.