Des Moines, IA
RFA Engineering ( ) is seeking a Software Verification Champion to join our team in Des Moines, Iowa. The successful candidates will plan and execute performance and functionality tests of core software infrastructure to support the next generation of machine automation and autonomy applications for agriculture and construction vehicles.
This is a full-time position with full benefits, potential for employee bonuses, and flexible time benefits. The position is indefinite in duration with opportunity for professional growth within our organization, and direct hire by our client.
- Establish a deep understanding of agriculture technologies and application functionalities
- Maintain comprehensive ownership of an overall software test plan, with an understanding of what needs to be tested, how to test it, and how to measure the effectiveness of the efforts
- Create detailed test plans for verification teams to execute and automate
- Execute manual tests using a combination of test bench controllers and simulators
- Reproduce defects identified by external sources
- Hold the final decision on sufficient project quality/readiness for release on pre-production and production applications
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Software, Computer, or Electrical Engineering or significant related experience
- General machine knowledge of agriculture or off-road equipment and machinery
- Demonstrated experience in quality assurance test planning and design.
- Ability to interpret software requirements, state diagrams, block diagrams, and test plan documentation
- Must be a problem solver that is proactive, self-motivated, and able to work independently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as technical writing ability.
- Any basic experience with microcontrollers such as Arduino, RaspberryPi, or more complex embedded systems.
- Any understanding of python or other programming languages that would be used to execute downstream automated testing.
- General understanding and interest related to controllers, electronics, sensors, displays, cameras and other technologies that are commonly used in vehicles and intelligent systems.
- Willingness to adapt to a wide variety of technologies and architectures
- Ability to thrive in a team environment
About RFA Engineering
RFA Engineering has provided product development and engineering services to industry leading customers since 1943. Our primary focus is development of off highway equipment including agricultural, construction, mining, recreational, industrial, and special machines. Our work includes concept development, product design, documentation, problem-solving, simulation, optimization, and testing of components, systems and complete machines. Our engineering staff is located at our Engineering Center in Minneapolis, branch office in Dubuque, IA, and numerous customer sites throughout the U.S.
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Supplemental Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Long-Term Disability
- Short-term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account (Traditional 401k & Roth 401k)
- Flexible Spending Plans for Medical Expenses and Dependent Care
- Extra Time Bonuses
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Education Assistance
Equal Opportunity and Veteran Friendly
Powered by JazzHR