Who are we, and what do we do?
The Corteva™ Agriscience Product Science and Technology group (PS&T) has an immediate opening for a scientist or engineer with a passion for agriculture and developing products to meet the needs of growers, worldwide. The successful candidate will join the Application Technology R&D group located at the Crop Protection R&D center and global headquarters in Indianapolis, In.
This position supports the development and launch of new formulated products by understanding how key application parameters impact the total end-user experience for crop protection products. Responsibilities of this role include understanding how products will be used and applied in key markets, understanding the key physical properties of products that will influence the efficacy, application, storage, and handling properties of the product, obtaining working knowledge of different types of application equipment, and developing laboratory-based testing to ensure products will meet or exceed market expectations.
The successful applicant will have excellent written and oral communication, ability to manage multiple projects, and knowledge of agricultural practices. This position requires a multidisciplinary approach and a person who can take a leading role in both conceptual design and experimental validation of new technologies within a collaborative cross-functional team of project managers, marketing specialists, regulatory scientists, field development reps, supply chain managers, biologists, formulation chemists, and engineers.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Partners with formulation, analytical, greenhouse biologists, and field R&D scientists in developing new formulated products to ensure products meet or exceeds the customer’s storage, handling, and application needs and expectations.
- Utilizes background in agricultural, physical, and chemical sciences to solve problems concerned with product delivery, application, storage, and processing of agricultural products.
- Partners with experienced Application Technology Engineers to design and execute experiments in the lab to mimic real-world application scenarios to assess risks in product application, handling, and storage and develops mitigation plans to address any issues.
- Provides urgent in-season customer support and conducts educational programs to aid business leaders, sales & marketing reps, farmers and related farm cooperatives.
- Partners with marketing, field biology, and external partners such as equipment manufacturers to understand current industry trends and develop strategy to adapt to regional agricultural practices in application technology and product delivery and storage.
- The position may require 20% domestic and international travel.
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- B.S./M.S. in Agricultural Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Biology, Weed Science, Entomology, Plant Pathology, or a related field with 0-3 years of work experience.
- Experience with agricultural application equipment and troubleshooting lab to pilot scale processing issues.
- Good working knowledge of agricultural operations, agricultural products, and delivery systems.
- Track record of using a multi-disciplinary approach to problem solving and opportunity development.
- Strong result-oriented mentality, able to work independently.
- Excellent project management, planning, prioritization, and leadership skills.
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Excellent documentation and communication skills.
We care about you and we care that you’re comfortable. While there’s no place like home, Corteva comes close.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better worklife balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!