Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill’s global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargillâs agricultural supply chain business, where we seamlessly connect farming customers with food, feed and industry.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Automation Electrical and Instrumentation Engineer II will apply technical knowledge to design, develop and maintain overall governance on standards, application, gaps, solutions and measurements to increase production quality, efficiency and volume for the business. In this role, you will perform day to day activities related to instrumentation and automation engineering to enable projects and improve our capabilities by providing engineering support for the organization.
- Apply general knowledge of principles, terms, and practices of instrumentation and automation engineering to support the design and build of safe and reliable operations.
- Coordinate and provide direct support and delivery of services for an operation.
- Execute and support instrumentation and automation engineering standards and deliverables in capital projects.
- Monitor and support progress for projects with low to medium levels of complexity and ensure appropriate resource allocations and portfolio prioritization.
- Implement, monitor and track audit control mechanisms within area of scope to track performance and provide actionable solutions that contribute to improvements.
- Support more senior team members to assess instrumentation and automation engineering development and application opportunities and further dissemination across common practice areas.
- Support, analyze and develop conclusions regarding areas of improvement and identify opportunities to improve performance and determine acceptable risk tolerance.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of two years of related work experience
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- Intermediate project management skills
- Strong technical and mathematical skills
- Demonstrated working knowledge of technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques
This position will provide relocation
Benefit package includes: Paid time off; paid holidays; medical, vision and dental coverage; flexible spending accounts; life insurance; disability insurance; retirement savings; employee and family assistance program (EAP). Learn more at: www.cargill.com/myhealth
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.