New Prague, MN
RFA Engineering ( ) is looking for a growth oriented candidates that want to join our team at our customer’s facility in New Prague, MN. As a member of our team, the selected candidate will work with our customer’s staff to support the development of equipment for cryogenic applications.
This is a full time position with a full benefit package listed below, that is indefinite in duration with the opportunity of professional growth, direct hire by our customer, and additional opportunities within our own organization.
This engineer will design and specify industrial control systems for our Engineered Systems group. They will take part in the full project cycle from customer specification reviews, documentation submittals, design specifications, and factory acceptance testing. Key industries that the Engineered Systems include water treatment, oil and gas, natural-gas and hydrogen power generation, laboratory equipment processes, space (rocket fueling), food and perishable freezing processes, and many others.
- Develop front end engineering documentation such as single-line diagrams, control theories, and panel specifications for industrial control systems
- Specify hardware solutions that meet product design specifications
- Program development utilizing programmable hardware interfacing with analog and digital sensors, user interface display and controls, motor control, and electro-pneumatic systems control with pressure feedback
- Develop test and diagnostics software to support bench testing and field service
- Develop hardware specifications and work with 3rd party panel vendors for fabrication
- Review and evaluation of product design through informal and formal design reviews as well as through design verification test plans and reports.
- Generate documentation for developed controls solutions
- Evaluate product non-conformances and implement design improvements
- When required, support manufacturing personnel with product electronic troubleshooting
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent disciplines.
- 3+ years relevant experience in PLC programming, HMI programming, and hardware specification
- Firmware and software experience using programming languages such as Rockwell Studio 5000, Rockwell FactoryTalk, Connected Components Workbench, Ignition Edge HMI, Red Lion Crimson
- Testing and troubleshooting experience utilizing multimeters, HART communicators, various software
- Ethernet and serial networks and communication protocols such as Modbus, Profibus, and Ethernet/IP
- Process hazard analysis, SIL, and safety rated devices
- Analog & digital circuit design and sensor integration
- Systems engineering experience covering electrical hardware, power, system interconnection, and user interface
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of an integrated team
- Familiarity with NFPA NEC 70, hazardous location installations, and classified area hardware
Why work for RFA?
About RFA Engineering
RFA Engineering has provided machine design and engineering services to industry leading customers since 1943. Our primary focus is project based product development of off highway equipment including agricultural, construction, mining, recreational, industrial, and special machines. Our work includes concept development, product design, documentation, problem-solving, simulation, optimization, and testing of components, systems and complete machines. Our engineering staff is located both at our Engineering Center near Minneapolis, and at numerous customer sites throughout the U.S.
We Offer Competitive Benefits:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Supplemental Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Long-Term Disability
- Short-term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account (Traditional 401k & Roth 401k)
- Flexible Spending Plans for Medical Expenses and Dependent Care
- Extra Time Bonuses
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Holiday Pay
- Bereavement Leave
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Education Assistance
Equal Opportunity and Veteran Friendly
Powered by JazzHR