Automation Engineer Co-Op
The primary responsibility of their role is to provide engineering and project support for automation projects and execute
assignment for Prescriptive Dry Application System for research planters. The project addresses worker protection
standards when handling dry insecticides on the plot planters. This will reduce worker exposure both by skin contact as
well as respiration. The system will prescriptively apply and record the application rates to fit the plot research needs. The
physical limitation of fitting a pre-packaged insecticide into the limited space of the current cassette planters. You will
have to be creative in the process and being able to possibly fit more than one container in the space
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role are to:
- Support all phases of automation projects including concept development, basic engineering, prototyping, detailed engineering and design, procurement, construction, start-up, testing, deployment, and sustainment of automated systems;
- Follow Bayer and industry best practices;
- Carry out engineering tasks to ensure all project objectives including safety, technical correctness, budget, constructability, schedule, maintainability, and operability are met;
- Interface with other engineering disciplines, customers and vendors/suppliers to contribute to the successful execution of projects;
- Support the preparation of specifications, drawings, bills of materials, test procedures, and other project documentation;
- Participate in check-out, commissioning, testing, start up, and field support;
- Participate in safety reviews;
- Adheres to company procedures for intellectual property documentation and protection;
- Accountability: Freedom to Act/Decision-Making and Impact
- Ability to operate independently on project assignments with guidance from senior engineers;
- As needed, submits designs and supporting information for review to the responsible role regarding technical correctness, safety, and quality.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values, more specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Currently obtaining a Bachelors, Masters, or PHD in an engineering field;
- Degree in engineering or science such as Electrical, Chemical, Civil, Mechanical, Agricultural, Computer, Computer Science, Electromechanics, Mechatronics, Industrial, Information Systems, or related field with strong interest in automation;
- Strong computer hardware and software skills;
- Systematic approach to problem definition and solution development;
- Ability to work as a member of cross-functional teams and to participate in multiple projects simultaneously;
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills to deal with people at different levels of management, engineering, suppliers, and internal customers;
- Good verbal and written skills in order to communicate with and obtain cooperation from team members;
- Demonstrated ability to write comprehensive technical documents required for project execution;
- Business-proficiency of oral and written English language;
- Willingness and availability to travel depending on project or business needs.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Bayer is an E-Verify Employer.
Location: United States : Missouri : Chesterfield
Division: Crop Science
Reference Code: 799917