Excellent opportunity for an outstanding AV control system programmer aspiring to become a software developer with a supportive work team in a positive atmosphere that fosters learning, growth, and advancement.
Control Concepts, Inc is offering a unique opportunity for a forward thinking Crestron, AMX, Extron, and/or Q-SYS programmer who wants to do more than routine AV programming projects. The role requires a commitment to continuous learning and being challenged with developing proficiency in a variety of new technologies and programming platforms with a long term goal of becoming an AV software developer. This opportunity is not for everyone.
As the audiovisual industry evolves, routine AV projects require less custom programming and rely more on configuration solutions. Advanced projects require more emphasis on the knowledge of modern software development languages. Additionally, more value is being put on the ability to integrate product APIs and the development of middleware solutions.
Control Concepts has been blending AV control and software development for years to address needs, provide solutions for enterprise clients and manufacturers, and bring a unique set of offerings to the industry.
- Program control systems of various manufacturers such as, but not limited to, Crestron, AMX, Extron, and Q-SYS for commercial audiovisual applications
- Create multi-platform communication modules/drivers/plugins for audiovisual equipment and control systems
- Learn new programming languages and control platforms as required to satisfy business needs
- Become proficient in modern software development practices including object-oriented techniques and methodologies
- Contribute to a project team of programmers and software developers that identify new opportunities, create new products, and develop innovative applications that are put to market
- Provide technical support during development, implementation, and ongoing client needs
- Promote the brand and represent the company in client meetings and industry activities
- Travel to clients’ sites and manufacturers’ training, when required
- Crestron, AMX, Extron, or Q-SYS programming knowledge and experience
- Minimum of four years of technical work experience or two years of experience in the audiovisual industry
- Understanding of AV systems, signal flow, and proficiency in troubleshooting
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking and Web technology
- Working knowledge of object-oriented programming a plus
- Candidate must be customer-centric, self-motivated, organized, analytical, personable, and a problem solver with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
This position is for a remote worker. Control Concepts has a remote team with a headquarters in NJ and team members throughout the US. The ability to work independently, communicate reliably, and be trusted to fulfill responsibilities with limited intervention while fitting in with a close-knit software team working on an east coast schedule, is critical.
Found in 1997, Control Concepts is a leader in the integration of manufacturers’ products with audiovisual control system platforms through the development of drivers, modules, plugins, middleware, and accompanying support. The value provided by these offerings eases the effort for integrators and programmers seeking to control devices with robust APIs and provides simplified compatibility for third-party manufacturers’ devices. We also specialize in audiovisual control system programming, audio configuration, software development, and specialty services for audiovisual systems in boardrooms, conference rooms, and classrooms.
As a small business, each member of the company is a vital component and directly impacts the success of the company. Good character, work ethic, dedication, and potential are as important characteristics in a candidate as experience and skills. Team work, collaboration, customer service, and a commitment to quality are the cornerstones of our success.
Benefits include health insurance, 401K, paid holidays, sick and vacation time, a caring and comfortable environment, some telecommuting possibilities and long-term career potential as well as others.
To act on this limited opportunity, submit a cover letter along with your resume for consideration and share your favorite programming language in [square brackets]. Only candidates that show serious interest will be considered.
Control Concepts, Inc.