Backend Drupal Developer
As a Web Chef, you will first and foremost exemplify our . You will also exhibit a natural curiosity and a passion for making cool stuff for the web. We expect our whole team to self-lead and prioritize as distributed team members—your frequent communication and participation in company culture will be key indicators of your engagement at Four Kitchens. Being a constant self-educator is essential, so advanced degrees are not a requirement for this role as we believe that experience and passion are more important.
We’re committed to providing an inclusive workplace and building a diverse team. At our core, we believe deeply in diversity and inclusiveness as being critical parts of a healthy team. We aim to create an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work. If you look at our team page and don’t see yourself, don’t shy away. Come work with us!
As a Backend Drupal Developer, you will…
- Write clean, scalable code that adheres to project requirements and client need
- Develop for multiple devices and interactions.
- Participate in peer code reviews.
- Help architect Drupal solutions for our clients.
- Work closely with Clients on project engagements to deliver exceptional code, consulting, and advice.
- Proactively identify, own and solve hard technical challenges
- Passionately keep pace with rapid innovation in web technologies.
- Engage with the open source community via code contributions, projects, presentations, blog posts, etc.
You’re our next Backend Drupal Developer if…
- Exposure to Drupal or a similar CMS like WordPress. If you are passionate about web development and interested in learning the specifics of working with Drupal or WordPress we will get you up to speed.
- You have a foundation in computer science fundamentals and an understanding of how web technologies work.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills for presentations, demos, client consultations, and ongoing documentation.
- You have industry experience in higher education, media, or publishing.
- You come from an agency environment or from a small to medium-size business.
- You have a bachelor’s degree. (Experience and passion are more important, and being a constant self-educator is essential. We feel higher education is not directly correlated to your success.)
We are targeting a starting salary between $80,000 and $100,000 dependent on skills and experience.
About Four Kitchens
Four Kitchens is a leading digital strategy firm with strong roots in the open-source and free-culture communities. We build websites and apps to engage audiences on virtually any device in our pursuit of setting knowledge free. We hire developers, designers, and strategists with strong consultative skills and a desire to make a difference, both to our clients and each other.
Our Values and Culture
Our Web Chefs bring more than their professional skills to the kitchen, and we encourage everyone to help guide our company’s direction. We all have a strong voice in what we do and how we do it. Collectively, our values—The Way Of the Web Chef—guide how we interact with each other, our colleagues, and our clients. Four Kitchens is not just a company—it’s a closely-knit team. We believe in the power of individuals coming together to do something bigger than they could have done alone.
We believe the right talent is where you find it, and, as a distributed team, we’re excited to be pioneers in what we believe is the future of work culture. Even though we have no physical office, we strive to remain a collaborative community using tools like Slack and Zoom. The Web Chefs span four time zones, yet our goal is for team members to feel like they are working together in the same room, even if they’re thousands of miles apart.
We care for our teammates as people, which is why we have a generous PTO policy, encourage time off, and have an excellent benefits package. Not only do we strive to maintain a healthy work-life balance, but we also participate in exciting and creative projects outside of client work to expand our abilities.
We hope you’ll join us!
How to Apply
Include the following materials with your application:
- Cover letter. Tell us about which of our
resonates with you the most and why (applicants who do this receive screening priority)! * Resume/CV.
- Samples of your recent coding work. Public contributions on Github or Drupal.org are a bonus, but any recent work is helpful. We are looking for a code sample that will be a good starting point for a conversation about your experience and development philosophy. If the example you provide is part of a team effort, please describe your contribution. Feel free to redact or obfuscate any client-identifying info. If you cannot show us actual code, please be prepared to explain your coding philosophy and standards in detail.
Four Kitchens is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact .
Four Kitchens welcomes applications from all backgrounds, particularly from people of color; women; LGBTQ+ people; immigrants or refugees; differently-abled people; and people from low- or moderate-income backgrounds. Four Kitchens is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, disability status, veteran status, military obligations, marital status and policy party affiliation, or on any other basis that would violate any applicable federal, state or local law.
Powered by JazzHR