Clearance: Secret (US Citizenship Required)
Experience: Junior/Mid Level
Number of Openings: 1
C++ Software Developer II **
SimVentions, consistently voted one of Virginia’s Best Places to Work, is looking for a motivated, self starting C++ experienced software developer who is ready to work in an agile team environment, supporting a government customer. This is potentially a Hybrid position, allowing a split between remote and occasional on-site team collaboration at the Dahlgren, VA Office.
The ideal candidate has software development experience along with software test engineering experience, performs productively in a fast-paced work environment, has great communication skills, works well independently and as part of a team, is passionate about their work and is eager to be part of a dynamic group of focused and creative individuals. Candidate must be able to apply sound engineering principles, independently complete assigned tasks, and meet schedule commitments. Most software is developed in Modern C++. All Software is posix based (RHEL/Centos). All tasking is worked through JIRA (Agile processes).
** This position is future funded. Expected start date is after July 24, 2023
- 3-5 years of Experience
- Gain an understanding of the sponsor’s environment and aid in meeting milestone goals during development in support of their mission
- Understand and translate real-world needs into technical specifications, providing the sponsor the ability to deliver focused engineering solution that delivers deployable technologies
- Communicating across, the team and with the team lead to support software and interface development
- Participate in Jira based Agile Development team effort
Required Skills & Experience:
- Proficient in C++
- Experience with agile software development practices
- Ability to be a motivated, self-starter
- Ability and desire to quickly learn new skills or grow knowledge areas
- Ability to clearly and regularly communicate with teammates in a remote setting
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Familiar with DDS
- Familiar with Service oriented architecture
- Familiar with DEVSECOPS environment
Education: A Bachelor of Science (BS) degree from an accredited college or university in an engineering, scientific, or technical discipline is required; multiple years of experience may make up for this.
Clearance: A Secret Clearance is required for this position. Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US Citizenship is required to obtain a clearance.
Travel: 10% Travel for coordination, only as necessary
** Future Funded. Expected start date September 2023.
Why Work for SimVentions?
SimVentions is about more than just being a place to work with other growth-orientated technically exceptional experts. It’s also a fun place to work. Our family-friendly atmosphere encourages our employee-owners to imagine, create, explore, discover, and do great things together.
Support Our Warfighters
SimVentions is a proud supporter of the U.S. military, and we take pride in our ability to provide relevant, game-changing solutions to our armed men and women around the world.
Drive Customer Success
We deliver innovative products and solutions that go beyond the expected. This means you can expect to work with a team that will allow you to grow, have a voice, and make an impact.
Get Involved in Giving Back
We believe that one of the best ways to be a well-rounded company is to have well-rounded employees, and one of the ways we encourage that is by providing a wide range of service opportunities for our team members to engage in throughout the year.
Build Innovative Technology
SimVentions takes pride in its innovative and cutting-edge technology, so you can be sure that whatever project you work on, you will be having a direct impact on our customer’s success.
Work with Brilliant People
At SimVentions, we don’t just hire the smartest people. We hire experienced, creative individuals who are passionate about what they do, and who benefit from the culture that we have created here.
Create Meaningful Solutions
We are trusted partners with our customers and are provided challenging and meaningful requirements to help them solve.
Employees who join SimVentions will enjoy benefits like:
- Impact: work on projects that directly support the defense of our nation.
- Serve: work for a company that supports its surrounding communities.
- Employee Owned: work with the best and help build YOUR company.
- Dress code: business casual. We like to be comfortable while we work.
- Healthcare: one of the best packages in the industry.
- Culture: add to our culture of technical excellence and collaboration.
- Food: we have a lot of food around here.
- Family focus: work for a team that recognizes the importance of family time.
- Resources: excellent facilities, tools, and training opportunities to grow in your field.
- Open communication: work in an environment where your voice matters.
- Fitness/Well-being: opportunities to participate in company sports teams and workout groups.
- Professional development: employee-led interest groups for personal and professional development plus great training options
- What you bring to the table: contribute, grow, and thrive.
- Lots of employee appreciation events throughout the year
- Excellent working facilities and tools to get your job done
- Regular communication (“All-Hands”, “SimV Share”, “Imagineering Day”) to stay connected to SimV culture, stay abreast of what is happening in the company, and meet new faces while eating good food
- SimVentions sports teams and workout groups
- Employee led interest groups for personal and professional development
- What you bring to the table…
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)