Are you ready to be challenged, make a difference, and experience professional growth in your career? Kleinfelder’s Design team is looking for you! From bridge and structural engineering to civil, electrical, mechanical, and process engineering, Kleinfelder’s collaborative Design Services create synergy across multiple disciplines.
Step into Your New Role
Kleinfelder is seeking a Civil Engineer to join our growing southeast solar design engineering team. Duties include the creation of designs, reports and calculations on complex energy projects with minimal supervision and guidance. This position will participate in the technical execution of projects including solar site designs, environmental permitting, site modeling and grading. The successful candidate will interact with PMs, senior operations and technical staff and provide guidance for task management of entry level professionals.
This position can be based in Tampa, FL / Jacksonville, FL / Atlanta, GA / Raleigh, NC / Charlotte, NC
What you’ll be doing:
- Design utility-scale solar sites and preparing construction-ready plans, details, and calculations
- Support teams with compliance with project technical requirements and design constraints
- Perform site visits to perform job scoping and coordinate with subconsultants
- Participate in the conceptual development of site designs
- Evaluate design alternatives with a multi-disciplinary team to solve constructability and site challenges
- Create and maintain project documentation
- Communicate to coordinate design requirements and scheduling
What you’ll need:
- Proficiency with AutoCAD (Civil 3D) drafting software
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects and tasks
- Confidence to move things forward and to drive tasks to completion
- Capability to prioritize and multi-task effectively
- Ability to form and nurture relationships in order to create a partnership mindset with the team
- Self-motivation to continue learning
- Three to Six (3-6) years of experience in civil engineering/land development, stormwater management systems, erosion control design and permitting
- B.S. in Civil, Environmental or Agricultural Engineering from an accredited institution or acceptable equivalent
- Fundamentals in Engineering (EIT) registration or ability to obtain within 6 months
Move Forward with Kleinfelder
Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 85 offices in the US, Canada, and Australia. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
Progress with an Employer that Values You
Kleinfelder is an inclusive organization free from discrimination. We are a stronger organization when we are a diverse workforce and believe that through diversity, equity, and inclusion comes creativity, innovation, and unity. We are proud to offer the following:
Benefits: Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Career Development: We are committed to investing in the professional development of our staff, offering each employee every opportunity to grow, develop, and take control of their career paths. We support these efforts through reimbursements for continuing education as well as many of the expenses associated with trainings and certifications, and opportunities for career development through our internal Mentoring Program.
Equal Opportunity: Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.