GEI’s Southern California offices (Bakersfield, Pasadena, and Carlsbad) are currently seeking a senior level Civil Engineer with a background in civil, agricultural or water resources engineering. This individual will lead field and engineering planning and design efforts related to water resource facilities and water conveyances; preparing and overseeing design reports, engineering drawings and specifications, project cost estimates, and engineering support during construction.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Provide oversight and design expertise for water conveyance projects including pipelines.
- Provide oversight for the development of quality scope, fee, reports, plans, specifications and estimates for multiple projects
- Supervise engineering staff, technicians and or other technical staff.
- Review and evaluate design and construction practices
- Attend project meetings and work in a team environment or independently
- Identify need and support meetings with internal staff and external clients
- Participate and lead business development activities and contribute to both office and practice growth.
- Licensed Professional Engineer in California
- Twenty years of experience or more in general civil design including pipelines.
- Familiarity and/or experience with detailed design, plans, and specifications preparation.
- Experience managing PE’s and EIT’s with multiple project deadlines and client requirements.
- Excellent technical report writing and communication skills
We are GEI.
Some of the world’s most pressing problems – from climate change to sustainable development, to critical infrastructure and the future of our energy supply – need our brightest and diverse minds working together to create safer, more resilient communities for tomorrow.
We are technical experts, collaborators, and entrepreneurs who draw from diverse backgrounds to solve our clients’ most complex challenges.
With more than 40 offices across North America, we offer a range of engineering, science, and technical consulting services. Our range of expertise, project types, and culture make us the choice for top talent in the AEC industry.
As a 100% employee-owned company, our employees support our flat leadership structure, have a say in how our business operates and benefit from our financial success. We are committed to employee growth with career development opportunities, competitive total rewards, a well-being program, flexible work arrangements and more. Our company culture is driven by our 4 Cs – we are Client-Centered, Curious, Collaborative, and Community Minded – which support our focus on sustainability, safety, diversity, equity and inclusion. Get to know us better by visiting GEI’s career site .
GEI’s Total Rewards Package
- Market-Competitive Compensation, including Eligibility for an Annual Performance Bonus
- Pay Range For This Position: $170,000-180,000/year
- Comprehensive Benefits Program, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability and More
- Well-Being Program and Paid Parental Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Hybrid Work Schedules and Home Office and Cell Phone Stipends
- GEI University (GEIU) with Continuing Education Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
- Connecting Conversation Program with a Focus on Professional Development and Opportunities for Advancement
- Support and Financial Rewards for Publication Awards, Professional Dues, and Professional Licenses
- Paid Holidays and Generous Paid Time Off Program
- Rewards and Recognition
- GEI-Funded Profit Sharing and 401(k)
- Opportunity to be an Owner and Shareholder (Learn more
) * A Vibrant Culture that is Focused on Partnership, Sustainability, Giving Back to Our Communities and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- And More…