WHO WE ARE
Supported by more than 3,400 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve our clients’ complex challenges.
Michael Baker International’s Water Group provides innovative consulting, planning and engineering solutions for the entire spectrum of the water cycle. We have proven experience in providing a full range of professional services from scientific and technical analysis, concept through design, and construction support services. Protection and management of water resources starts at the watershed level and follows the movement of water through urban and agricultural areas, streams, lakes and reservoirs, water distribution systems, wastewater collection systems, and water/wastewater treatment plants.
As part of our Civil Engineering Transportation Drainage Team, you will primarily provide planning, design, and construction support for a variety of projects related to surface water projects including flood control facilities, floodplain mapping, master planning for both private developers and public sector clients, local street and highway drainage design, and sediment transport analysis. You will provide input to the preparation of construction drawings and specifications and large technical studies. You will build and maintain important relationships with internal and external clients and vendors. In addition, our Irvine office is seeking to expand our core of young future project managers in the Surface Water group, if desired, you will be a key part of that growth by assisting in developing project proposal scopes.
- The majority of your day would be spent leading and/or contributing to the design or analysis effort on one or more projects.
- Prepare complex studies, construction documents, drawings, maps, reports, and supporting documentation.
- Assist in the development of cost estimates.
- Assist with defining scope of work and man-hour requirements.
- Assist in proposal production and in implementing marketing initiatives.
- Prepare documentation required by regulatory agencies to obtain permits.
- Travel occasionally, as required.
- You’ll need a Bachelor’s degree, Masters preferred in Civil Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university.
- You’ll need a minimum of 4 years’ experience in surface water analysis, planning, and design.
- Must have EIT
- Registration as a licensed Professional Engineer in the State of California preferred
- You should have excellent English language skills, both written and verbal.
- You’ll need to be outgoing, organized and assertive. You’ll also need to be able to network and build relationships with a wide variety of people.
- Naturally, you’ll need computer skills using the Microsoft Office Suite.
- You’ll need to be able to use AutoCAD (preferably with Civil 3D experience), Bentley MicroStation, Inroads, and ArcGIS.
- You’ll need to have experience that includes hydrology, hydraulics, drainage, storm water management.
- You should have proficiency with some or all of the following programs: HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, WSPG, FLO-2D and/or XP-SWMM
- You’ll need to be a motivated self-starter who displays a passion for solving problems, interacting in a team environment, and meeting established deadlines.
- It would be a plus if you had experience with 2-dimensional hydraulic modeling.
- It would be a plus if you had experience working with or for the County of Orange, Los Angeles, Riverside or San Bernardino
The salary range for this position is $74,000-$110,000. This will be dependent on the experience and expertise of the incoming candidate.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
- Professional and personal development
- Generous paid time off
- Commuter and wellness benefits
WORKPLACE FLEXIBILITY: Whether you want to work in the office, at home, or in a hybrid model, we accommodate a variety of preferences. We recognize our employees face many factors when it comes to selecting the best work location, and we are passionate about providing options and flexibility.Michael Baker International is seeking a Civil Associate to join our Transportation Drainage team within our Santa Ana office