Why Join Altec?
Altec Industries is seeking Green Fleet Product and Controls Co-Op Engineers for our Focus Factory located in Elizabethtown, KY.
Our mission is to profitably design, manufacture, and sell innovative custom products, services, and solutions to users of mobile telecom and utility equipment. From customer interaction to the implementation of manufacturing processes, Altec Engineers are leading the industry. If you possess design skills, a knack for problem solving, and a mechanical troubleshooting aptitude, this is the job for you.
- Pursuing a degree in Engineering required; excludes Technology
+ A degree in one of the following majors preferred:
o Mechanical Engineering
o Electrical Engineering
o Computer Science Engineering
o Aerospace Engineering
o Agricultural/BioSystems Engineering
- Must have completed a minimum of 24 hours of coursework, or, have earned Sophomore class standing
- Must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Experience with Python, SQL, MATLAB/Simulink/Labview, CANape, C/C++, PowerBi
- Experience with 2D (AutoCAD) and 3D (SolidWorks) modeling.
- Experience with Teamcenter or similar PLM software.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and principles.
- Detail oriented.
- Customer service oriented.
- Microcontrollers, Robotics/VEX, Arduinos, Raspberry Pi.
- Sensors, sampling, A/D conversion.
- Motor control, digital outputs, PWM.
- Digital communication protocols: CAN, I2C, SPI, USB.
- Utilizing oscilloscope, logic analyzers, and multimeters.
- Telematics, data analytics, cloud-based storage/applications.
- Electronic circuits, lithium batteries, EVs.
As an Engineering Co-Op at Altec, you’ll have the opportunity to…
- Work with an Engineer to perform engineering assignments including research, testing, design and/or development.
- Develop problem solving skills to solve short- and long-term production issues with ability to see direct impact.
- Assist in the design application of projects, where creativity and/or innovation are required.
- Learn to identify and reduce unneeded costs in manufacturing.
- Apply engineering procedures and calculations to develop solutions to problems.
- Support and participate in Continuous Improvement events and activities.
- Implement Lean principles throughout the facility.
- Participate in personal and professional development sessions.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale, and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes, and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries.
At Altec, advanced technology efforts are aimed, without exception, at helping customers work “Safer and Smarter.” Altec invests more resources than any other manufacturer in the advancement of safety, reliability, uptime and low cost of ownership.
Founded in 1929, Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is setting the standard for excellence in design, manufacturing and service; and that’s why you can rely on us to provide you with the stability of a well-managed company.
Join the thousands who have made Altec their career decision!
● Customer First ● Enjoyment of Work ● Family ● Financial Stability ● Integrity ● People Are Our Greatest Strength ● Quality ● Spiritual Development ● Teamwork ●
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.