Crazy Good Marketing (CGM) is a national, full service, remote marketing agency. We deliver crazy good results with a twist!
CGM is not your traditional brick and mortar firm. They are a team of seasoned employees, free agents and trusted partners. Our approach allows us to bring together the right talent, seasoned in all the right ways, to quickly deliver on any company’s specific marketing needs.
With our flexibility and roster of genius talent, we always keep it fresh and cutting-edge. With CGM, you can count on high performance and fast results! We have mastered the trends with buzzwords like STORYTELLING, SOCIAL MEDIA, USER GENERATED CONTENT, and INFLUENCER MARKETING – but we believe the real MAGIC comes from blending cutting-edge with tried-and-true. We are certain AUTHENTICITY is still greater than POPULARITY.
This is the opportunity to work for a marketing-focused firm known for its clean development and high integrity. Creative, not cookie-cutter. Expansive, not myopic. Want a wide range to experience? Work crosses numerous industries, many markets. This role could grow into a leadership role for the candidate who is skilled, confident, enthusiastic, and dedicated to self-improvement and fosters positive relationships.
Our mission is simple: help our clients share their Crazy Good with the World!
Experienced Web Developer with strong WordPress & SEO focus and skills. Prefer candidates who, in this order: 1) currently reside along the Colorado Front Range, 2) reside within Colorado or southern Wyoming, 3) reside elsewhere within the United States. NO offshore candidates or agencies will be considered.
Pay Range: $25 to $35 an hour
Duties and Responsibilities:
· New website development, redesign, maintenance, and critical and time-sensitive repairs.
· Work directly with customer / client liaison (email, phone, screen sharing, etc.) for delivery.
· Document work on projects including documenting custom code.
· Ability to work on multiple accounts at a time (supporting different clients)
· Work with hosting services (setup and management), and potentially with other vendors involved in the overall web development process. (FTP and cPanel, SiteGround)
· SEO activities such as keyword strategy, content strategy and link building to increase organic search rankings and drive search traffic from Google, Bing, Yahoo, and other search engines
· Optimize copy and landing pages for SEO.
· Perform ongoing keyword research including the discovery and expansion of keyword opportunities.
· Conduct research and implement content strategies for ongoing SEO success.
· Recommend changes to the website architecture, content, linking and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords.
· Execute tests, collect and analyze data and track metrics on an ongoing basis using Google Analytics as the foundation. Work with some or all A/B split testing, heat maps, filters, funnels, etc. Use SEO Management software, such SEMRush, Screaming Frog etc. to gather intel and make recommendations for increased performance.
· Monitor and improve Google Core Web Vitals on an ongoing basis.
· Fundamental understanding of web, user-generated content tools and social media.
· Respond to customers and team within defined service levels.
· Effective management of time and ability to produce cost-effective delivery.
· Ability to work to accommodate business conducted in Mountain Time Zone, but not exclusively.
· Demonstrate the value of work to the customer, and ensure the work provided is of value.
· Complete projects and assignments on schedule, and within budget and effectively manager influences and impacts to schedule and budget.
· Effectively manage scope creep as it pertains to the budget.
· Accurately track and post time in project management software within 24 hours of time being worked.
· Strong use of performance and creative tools such as: SEMRush, Screaming Frog, Google Analytics, ManageWP, PowerMapper, Adobe Premier, Create Suite, Illustrator
· Current skills required of a full-stack WordPress web developer; Elementor, Astra, or Divi
· Maintain the currency of such required skills for the development of state-of-the-art websites.
· 5 + years of web development experience, and 3+ specific to WordPress.
· 3 years creating SEO strategy including ongoing improvement of website SEO performance scores.
· Knowledge of popular themes and plugins.
· Ability to work server-side in support of WordPress.
· Understanding of performance marketing, conversion and online customer acquisition.
· Analyze ongoing key performance indicators and provide recommendations for continual improvement.
· 4+ years or more of freelance/contractor/agency experience.
· Functional skill with CSS and HTML.
· Knowledge of site optimization in regard to web development.
· Adobe skills or similar for image optimization and scaled images.
· Can manage multiple website projects at one time, with the willingness to do so.
· Good customer-facing skills, with the ability to listen and to establish rapport, to ask the right questions, and to quickly establish specifications from non-technical people.
· Team-oriented. Ability to work in a team with graphic designers, marketing specialists, testers, etc. to deliver a quality website.
· Solid prioritization skills with understanding of critical path, and the ability and willingness to balance several ongoing assignments.
· Responsiveness – this is critical, such as when a customer’s site malfunctions.
· Accountability — absolutely necessary.
· Ability to work with minimal supervision, with a team and independently.
· Value learning and growing, working in teams, and working with a range of clients in diverse industries.
· Must enjoy working in diverse subject matter
Preferred skills and experience:
· Contract/Freelance background
· Functional skill with, databases, queries, scripts.
· E-commerce platform knowledge, such as ticketing & registration systems, payments systems, shopping carts. (Woo Commerce, Shopify)
· Ability to build online forms (Formidable Forms)
· Potential to lead and/or mentor an associate developer.
· Agency experience or supporting multiple clients
· Diversity of industry experience
· Graphic Design experience or an “eye for design”
· Experience with Teamwork.com, Basecamp or Asana
What is needed from you:
· Resume (cover letter optional)
· Must have portfolio or list of recent work, which we can look at.
The hourly rate is negotiable and commensurate with knowledge, experience, and the market.
Must be a US Citizen or currently living and authorized to legally work in the United States. Location: Front Range preferred, CO