Climate Robotics is a venture-backed startup based in Houston, TX. We are building the next generation of agricultural machinery to produce biochar, a powerful soil amendment that improves soil health and sequesters atmospheric carbon. We are in search of a control systems engineer who will develop and improve the control systems for our agricultural machinery. Experience working with heavy or agricultural equipment is preferred. This position is based in Houston, TX. Relocation assistance is available for candidates with extensive experience.
The right candidate will have a solid foundation in motion control systems and sensor feedback loops. They will be able to lead in developing new products, providing practical solutions, take ownership of projects, and work independently and collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team. The ideal candidate is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, can easily adapt to a rapidly evolving scope of work, and is passionate about working in climate tech.
Experience in hydraulic and electrical control systems, PID, and ground-up is required.
- Develop control systems for trailer-mounted biomass processing equipment integrated with tractor operation, including data acquisition, electrical motion control, hydraulic motion control, and feedback loops
- Develop systems from the ground up based on system requirements
- Integrate with other engineering disciplines on control methodologies, data collection, and operational logic
- Work with mechanical engineers to design and build functional prototypes of mechatronic systems.
- Ownership of electrical and mechatronic designs
- Create schematics and layouts
- Work with interdisciplinary fabrication teams to build and assemble prototypes.
- Incorporate actuation and automation into mechanical design
- Perform programming and engineering tasks
- Bachelor’s in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, physics, or equivalent, with 3+ years of practical experience
- Master’s in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, physics, or equivalent with 1+ year of practical experience
- Experience with control systems, VFDs, motors, thermocouples, 4-20 mA, PWM
- Ability to resolve ambiguity and translate high-level objectives into detailed requirements
- Ability to install, troubleshoot, maintain, and repair equipment
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to work independently
- Authorized to work in the United States
- CAN (Controller Area Network), SAE J1939 communications experience
- Familiarity with the Linux operating system, Robotic Operating System (ROS) and programming in C/C++ and Python
- Health Care Plan (Medical & Dental)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)