Love’s Travel Stops
Req ID: 404548
BASIC PURPOSE: The DEF Regional Marketer will be tasked with originating a book of 3rd party business within a designated territory by discovering business opportunities, building a strong rapport with customer prospects and creating value-add solutions to close business at a high percentage.
- Originate net new business operating in an independent and entrepreneurial mindset.
- Drive incremental business organically with legacy customer base.
- Diligently gain an understanding of overall market opportunities and build a pipeline.
- Successfully present sales agendas and close business prospects using people skills and innovation.
- Complete understanding of customer setup through credit and back-office ERP.
- Urgent response time to customer inquiries in a kind, courteous and helpful mindset.
- Successful and vigilant management of overall customer relationships.
- De-escalation point for operational issues/problems using pragmatic philosophies.
- Proactively communicate monthly market conditions and proper market intelligence..
- Daily/weekly/monthly analysis of market pricing characteristics and volume trends across their book.
- Constant analysis of margin forecast vs margin realization by customer/destination.
- Meet and/or exceed annual forecasted sales volume & gross margin targets for book of business.
- Monitor customer volume reporting and proactively investigate poor customer trends.
- Concisely organize and articulate sales pipeline activity and report weekly progress to Management.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- HS Diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 3-5 years sales experience within the energy industry preferred. DEF industry exposure a plus.
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Skills: :
- Hard Skills: Working understanding of PNL statements, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook & Powerpoint
- Soft Skills: Good written and oral communication skills, team player, exceptional customer service, attention to detail, self motivated, good time management skills, and innovative thinking.
- Typical Physical Demands:
- Requires prolonged sitting, some bending and stooping
- Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard and calculator
- Requires normal range of hearing and vision
- Extensive travel will be required
Job Function(s): Musket
Love’s Travel Stops & Country Stores is the industry-leading travel stop network in the United States. For more than 55 years, we’ve provided customers with highway hospitality and “Clean Places, Friendly Faces.” We’re passionate about serving drivers with clean, modern facilities stocked with fuel, food and supplies. We offer meals from popular restaurant chains, trucking supplies, showers and everything needed to get back on the road quickly. The Love’s Family of Companies includes:
- Gemini Motor Transport, one of the industry’s safest trucking fleets
- Speedco, the light mechanical and trucking service specialists
- Musket, a rapidly growing, Houston-based commodities supplier and trader
- Trillium, a Houston-based alternative fuels expert
The Love’s Experience
Love’s was founded in 1964 on the values of integrity, customer focus, strong work ethic, innovation and perseverance. We are looking for these in every person we hire. No matter what job you do for Love’s, your commitment to these values will not only continue our legacy of growth, it will also ensure your successful career.
Love’s Travel Stops