Design Engineer II
Who We Are Looking For
AGCO is looking for an innovative Design Engineer to work in Paris, Illinois! The Design Engineer will provide custom-engineered, sampling, cleaning, and weighing equipment for grain, fertilizer, and other bulk materials to meet the needs of customers across the world. In this role you will be responsible for the configuration of and customer design of current product lines to meet order requirements, as well as the design and development of new products.
What You Will Do
- Responsible for Configuration and Design of Variations of Current Product to meet customer order requirements.
- Responsible for supplying an accurate bill of materials to assist the customer, customer service, manufacturing, and assembly.
- Create 3-D models, approval drawings, as well as manufacturing and assembly drawings using Creo software.
- Work with appropriate functional areas to understand the Voice of the Customer and verify product requirements and cost targets.
- Analyze and identify risks to the customer’s requirements, to manufacturing, and to project timelines.
- Perform design calculations and necessary analysis, including computer simulations to ensure the customers receive robust, reliable equipment.
- Coordinate/perform product tests on concept and prototype builds as required.
- Work closely with Sales, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Quality, R&T, Technical Service, etc. to deliver product designs which meet business requirements.
- Assist manufacturing regularly to correct issues and facilitate timely production of products.
What You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or agricultural engineering or related technical field, required.
- Mechanical and technical aptitude with the ability to deliver innovative products.
- Solid modeling proficiency and understanding or mechanical design and engineering best practices, utilizing 3D modeling for various material and manufacturing processes.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Teams, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Hands on experience with a mechanical aptitude.
A Plus If You Have
- Three to five years of experience in design or product engineering, sheet metal production, machining, and assembly.
- Creo and Windchill experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Familiarity with agile methodology.
- Experience in the agriculture industry.
- Ability to be proactive and independent, taking initiative.
- Ability to organize work and effectively manage a variety of projects at the same time, while meeting deadlines.
What We Offer
GLOBAL DIVERSITY – Diversity means many things to us, different brands, cultures, nationalities, genders, generations – even variety in our roles. You make us unique!
ENTERPRISING SPIRIT- Every role adds value. We’re committed to helping you develop and grow to realize your potential.
POSITIVE IMPACT – Make it personal and help us feed the world.
INNOVATIVE TECHNOLOGIES – You can combine your love for technology with manufacturing excellence – and work alongside teams of people around the world who share your enthusiasm.
MAKE THE MOST OF YOU – Benefits include: health care and wellness plans, flexible and virtual work options (where available), 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, paid holidays and paid time off, flexible spending accounts, reimbursement for continuing education, company philanthropic programs, company perks programs, and much more…
Please note that this job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all required activities, duties, responsibilities, or benefits and may change at any time with or without notice.
AGCO is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.