Wilson & Company is seeking a Registered Professional Electrical Design Engineer to provide complex electrical engineering activities to support customer projects. These activities may include lighting, power distribution, one-line, and three-line development, to name a few. Gathering field data and generating electrical distribution models for customer systems are common projects. The customer base is in the commercial, industrial, utility, midstream, petrochemical, mining, minerals, material handling, food processing, agricultural, power, electrical distribution, and municipal facilities. Wilson & Company also does work for several federal agencies. Candidate must be willing to lead teams and travel for projects. Submit a resume to learn more about the several exciting things we do at Wilson & Company, Engineers & Architects.
Essential Job Functions:
- A self-motivating personality with good communication skills is desired.
- Client interaction and coordination on a frequent basis should be expected.
- Effectively fosters relationships with team members and clients, as well as industry stakeholders and regulators.
- Participates in business development activities including marketing, developing project win strategies, and preparing technical data for proposals and interviews.
- Ensure quality program management with implementation of quality control standards.
- A solid understanding of the National Electrical Code and its application.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Creation and management of the electrical scope of work for the project.
- Oversee development of detailed design drawings including one-line diagrams, plans, details, wiring diagrams and fabrication drawings. Proficiency with SKM or E-Tap system analysis software and short circuit and arc flash analysis is a plus.
- Sizing of overall electrical power distribution systems including service entrances, switchgear, MCCs, panel boards, unit substations, and transformer sizing.
- Specification, selection and review of electrical equipment to meet the performance requirements.
- Develop and maintain labor and material estimates and budgets for projects.
- Develop and maintain progress, quality control, schedule, staffing planning and coordination with project management including regular reporting.
- Coordination of communications between the project team, the engineering and design team members to assure quality of work.
- Experience in the preparation of work plans, budgets and project schedules is highly desired.
- Effective communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Good understanding of required engineering principles.
- Experience with project management, managing technical professionals and demonstrated ability to lead and direct multiple concurrent projects.
- Experience in managing project pursuits, preparing proposals and working with marketing staff.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or Architectural Engineering in an ABET-accredited college or university.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience with electrical design of facilities.
- Currently a licensed professional engineer in a US state.
Please note that Wilson & Company is not currently sponsoring applicants for work visas.
Annual Salary Range: $90,000.00 – $152,000.00
Wilson & Company has a rich history in planning and design, and the right candidate will become part of our bright future. We provide multidisciplinary engineering, architecture, surveying, mapping, environmental, and planning services, and employ staff throughout 15 offices in 9 states. The firm was founded in 1932 and provides services to a diverse client base including railroads; municipal, state, and federal agencies; energy, industrial, and commercial companies; and private developers.
The cornerstone of our success is Higher Relationships, standards in Discipline, Intensity, Collaboration, Shared Ownership, and Solutions. Discipline is doing it right, with attention to details without exception. Intensity is doing what it takes to meet and exceed expectations. Collaboration is working together and bringing out the best in each other. Shared Ownership means we adopt the goals of others as our own. Finally, Solutions are achieved in a win-win environment. We value this commitment to Higher Relationships with our employees, clients, and the communities where we live and work. And for you, our culture intends to help you achieve personal and professional success. Come grow with us!
Wilson & Company provides a comprehensive benefits package that encourages employee health and well-being. We have several options to choose from for health insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, paid time off, and retirement savings plan benefits. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks.
Wilson & Company is a federal contractor and subject to various health and safety regulations enforced by federal, state, and local agencies, as well as health and safety requirements of our clients. Wilson & Company is committed to complying with all regulations and requirements, which could include, but are not limited to, vaccination requirements, testing requirements, masking requirements, and personal protective equipment requirements. All regulations and requirements are subject to change, which could impact Wilson & Company policy and requirements for employees. Job Location Kansas City, Missouri, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Wilson & Company