At AGCO, we believe that when our employees succeed, our business succeeds. It’s a people philosophy that we believe and invest in. We make sure all of our employees – in every function, every geography and at every level – have the tools they need to be successful and take charge of their career. Because when our people grow, our business grows. Every day. Every way.
The AGCO EFG Division has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Electrical Design Engineer to join its team in delivering extraordinary results based in Hesston KS. 25% travel expected. This is a role with growth potential and developmental opportunities.
Who We Are Looking For:
The engineering team at AGCO has an immediate opening for an Electrical Design Engineer. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing wiring harnesses and specifying electrical components for mobile agricultural machinery.
What You Will Do:
- Familiarity with wiring harness design
- Circuit design requirements for 12 volt systems on mobile machinery
- Ability to read and understand wiring diagrams
- Ability to specify electrical components for mobile machinery, such as relays, fuses, speed sensors, and pressure transducers
- Experience with CAD modeling tools, such as Creo, is a strong plus
- Experience with electrical circuit layout tools, such as Zuken E3, is a strong plus
- Experience with farm machinery, specifically harvest equipment, is a strong plus
- Proficient in written and oral communication
- Capable of working effectively with cross functional engineering teams, product service, manufacturing, purchasing, and other internal groups
- Product support and training
- Provide prompt support to the technical service department as needed
- Contribute to informative, relevant product training for internal technical service staff, service training, and other engineering teams including field test
- Ability to function effectively as a member of a small, high-output team
- Ability and willingness to innovate given limited direction and contribute beyond your direct area of responsibility
- Willingness to travel when required
What You Will Bring:
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, or other related field and preferably 3 or more years of relevant work experience
A Plus If You Have:
- General knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic, & other electrical system interfaces
- General knowledge of J1939 CAN communications
- Experience with farm machinery, specifically hay equipment, is a strong plus
- Solid decision making skills, and the ability to make decisions with limited direction
- A desire to participate in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a high degree of freedom for innovation
What we offer:
Experience our global diversity and enterprising spirit while helping us create innovative technologies and a positive impact that helps feed the world’s nearly 8 billion people. From the day you decide to join AGCO, we want to engage and excite you and we’re clear on where we want to go as a business and we trust you to help us there. Whether you want to learn a new skill or you aspire to do something different, we can help you develop the skills you need to take your career – and our business – to the next level.
We also invite you to “Make the Most of YOU” – Benefits include: health care and wellness plans, flexible and virtual work options (where available), 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, paid holidays and paid time off, flexible spending accounts, reimbursement for continuing education, company philanthropic programs, company perks programs, and much more…
Please note that this job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all required activities, duties, responsibilities or benefits and may change at any time with or without notice.
AGCO is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
AGCO is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of agricultural engineering with a portfolio of exciting international brands which deliver solutions to farmers in 140 countries through a full line offer from tractors and combine harvesters to protein production systems and smart farming software solutions – to an environment where the future is happening now. Join us as we bring agriculture into the future.