Essential Job Functions:
- Your self-motivating personality with good communication skills is desired.
- Client interaction and coordination happen on a regular basis.
- You will effectively foster relationships with your team members and your clients. This includes your industry stakeholders and regulators you work with.
- Your skills will enhance our business development activities.
- Your effective communication skills – both verbal and written, will be used several times throughout the year as we work on the professional development of your team.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Utilize your exceptional design and electrical engineering skills to deliver top-notch solutions for various projects.
- Prepare and present technical equipment data sheets, demonstrating your attention to detail and commitment to quality.
- Craft technical equipment specifications, showcasing your ability to meet project requirements and exceed expectations.
- Evaluate vendors’ technical bids and recommendations, ensuring that we partner with the best suppliers in the industry.
- Carefully review vendor drawings, taking charge of the assigned project segment with precision and expertise.
- Engage actively in design reviews, risk assessments, and vendor bid evaluations, contributing valuable insights to enhance project outcomes.
- Drive operational excellence by providing crucial information and recommendations to strategic plans, implementing action plans, and improving production, quality standards, and productivity.
- Demonstrate your problem-solving skills by resolving issues and conducting thorough audits to identify trends and areas for system improvements.
- Contribute to our financial objectives by efficiently managing your resources and budgets to achieve project success.
- Uphold and enhance the reputation of our department and organization by taking ownership of challenges and seeking out opportunities to add value to our achievements.
- Guide and lead your team of engineers and designers to support the current project listing.
- Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering from an ABET-accredited college or university.
- A minimum of 10+ years of experience with electrical systems and design.
- Currently licensed as a professional engineer in a US state.
- Your experience in the preparation of work plans, budgets and project schedules is highly desired.
- Proficiency with SKM or Etap system analysis software for load flow, short circuit analysis, and arc flash hazards is a plus.
- Travel requirements will be job dependent as you focus on the development of your team and your customers.
If you are a proactive and innovative professional who thrives in a collaborative environment, this is the perfect opportunity to make a significant impact and further your career. You can grow your career with Wilson & Company, and we will continue to support your career development! So, come join us in shaping the future of our organization, your future, and revolutionize the industry. Apply now to be part of our success story so we can support your success story!
Annual Salary Range: $108,000 – $182,000
Please note that Wilson & Company is not currently sponsoring applicants for work visas.
Wilson & Company has a rich history in multimodal transportation planning, traffic engineering and design, and the right candidate will become part of our bright future. We provide multidisciplinary engineering, architecture, surveying, mapping, environmental, and planning services, and employ staff throughout 15 offices in 9 states. The firm was founded in 1932 and provides services to a diverse client base including railroads; municipal, state, and federal agencies; energy, industrial, and commercial companies; and private developers.
The cornerstone of our success is Higher Relationships, standards in Discipline, Intensity, Collaboration, Shared Ownership, and Solutions. Discipline is doing it right, with attention to details without exception. Intensity is doing what it takes to meet and exceed expectations. Collaboration is working together and bringing out the best in each other. Shared Ownership means we adopt the goals of others as our own. Finally, Solutions are achieved in a win-win environment. We value this commitment to Higher Relationships with our employees, clients, and the communities where we live and work. And for you, our culture intends to help you achieve personal and professional success. Come grow with us!
Wilson & Company provides a comprehensive benefits package that encourages employee health and well-being. We have several options to choose from for health insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, paid time off, and retirement savings plan benefits. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks.
Wilson & Company is a federal contractor and subject to various health and safety regulations enforced by federal, state, and local agencies, as well as health and safety requirements of our clients. All regulations and requirements are subject to change, which could cause current Wilson & Company policies to be adjusted. Wilson & Company will require all employees to comply with all applicable regulations, requirements, and company policies. Job Location Omaha, Nebraska, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Wilson & Company