Eden Prairie, MN
RFA Engineering ( ) is seeking Embedded Software Engineers to work from our Corporate Headquarters and Engineering Center in Eden Prairie, MN where we have over 100 engineers on staff. Selected candidates will be assigned to internal project teams working with our diverse client base that ranges from Fortune 100 companies to entrepreneur startups. Work will be fast paced and challenging and involve multiple development environments and cross functional engineering teams.
Embedded Systems Software Engineer
This position is associated with the design and development of embedded software that controls machine operations and functions. Development methods include C and C++ programming language. Testing methods include bench testing, computer simulation testing, and machine testing.
Job responsibilities include:
- Feature by feature software development per Software Requirements Document of embedded software applications that control vehicle functions
- Integration of software in a multi-developer team using Continuous Integration process
- Functional and integration testing prior to hand-off to software test and evaluation group
- Development and release status tracking using the Agile development process
- Creation and support of software for machine prototyping
- Troubleshooting and debugging using engineering software and hardware tools
- Creation of software design documentation
- Bachelor’s or Master’s of Science degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering. Software Engineering or Computer Engineering considered if relevant experience exists.
- Ability to interpret software requirements and state diagrams
- Ability to interpret hardware schematics for wiring and electronic controllers
- Self-motivated, quick learner, with an any-problem-can-be-solved attitude
- Strong mathematical and analytical problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a team environment
- General machine knowledge of industrial equipment or machinery
- Experience with CAN J1939 communication protocol
- Experience with C or C++ programming language
- Experience with Simulink Model Based Software Design
- Experience with Rally software tracking tools or similar tools
Why work for RFA?
About RFA Engineering
RFA Engineering has provided machine design and engineering services to industry leading customers dating back to 1943. Our primary focus is project based product development of off highway equipment including agricultural, construction, mining, recreational, industrial, and special machines. Our work includes concept development, product design, documentation, problem-solving, simulation, optimization, and testing of components, systems and complete machines. Our engineering staff is located at our Engineering Center in Minneapolis, MN, Satellite office in Dubuque, IA, and at numerous customer sites throughout the U.S.
We Offer Competitive Benefits:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Supplemental Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Long-Term Disability
- Short-term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account (Traditional 401k & Roth 401k)
- Flexible Spending Plans for Medical Expenses and Dependent Care
- Extra Time Bonuses
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Bereavement Leave
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Education Assistance
Equal Opportunity and Veteran Friendly
Powered by JazzHR