There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here, the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. RIGHT NOW.
Title: Embedded Software Engineer – 88647
Primary Location: United States (US) – Iowa – Waterloo
Title: Embedded Software Engineer
Onsite/Remote: Onsite Position
As an Embedded Software Engineer for John Deere Intelligent Solutions Group (ISG) – Waterloo, IA, you will be an integral part of a software development team and collaborate with other developers, testers and stakeholders to provide an optimized and validated software solution. Our teams are empowered to overcome challenges; they plan and prioritize their work; and everyone is a key contributor. Team members have opportunities to spend time on the final product developing, validating, and tuning the system. In this role, you will deliver embedded software for mechatronic and/or hydraulic based systems on tractors to provide customers with features that add value to their operation while meeting functional safety goals.
Visa Sponsorship is not available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- Demonstrated technical problem solving abilities
- Demonstrated academic and/or professional exposure in developing embedded applications using C or MATLAB Simulink
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for working in a team environment
- Experience writing and reviewing software requirements
- Knowledge of software delivery processes
What Makes You Stand Out
- Strong passion for embedded engineering and learning new technologies
- Experience with control systems design and analysis on agricultural applications
- Experience with model-based software development tools
- Experience relating to the design/diagnostics of mechanical/electrical/hydraulic systems
- Knowledge of electronic circuits and components with the ability to read schematics and data sheets
- Experience with continuous integration development and automated build tools
- Experience with embedded systems tools such as emulators, compilers, and simulators
- Experience in automotive communication protocols such as CAN, LIN, and Ethernet
- Experience using laboratory equipment such as Logic Analyzers and Oscilloscopes
Ideally you will have a degree or equivalent related work experience in the following: Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering, Science, or Technology related discipline
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you’ll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business. John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.