CNH Industrial is a world-class equipment and services company dedicated to advancing the noble work of agriculture and construction workers. Driven by our shared purpose of Breaking New Ground, we are passionate about bringing Innovation, Sustainability, and Productivity to all that we do. As a truly global company, CNH Industrial’s 37,000+ employees form part of a diverse and inclusive workplace, focused on empowering customers to grow, and build, a better world through our core brands: Case IH, STEYR, New Holland Agriculture, CASE, and New Holland Construction.
In Precision Technology, we make iron smarter. Our team members deliver innovative solutions helping our customers to be more productive, save time, lower costs, and to operate sustainably. From vehicle displays, application controls, steering solutions, digital services and telematics, to fully autonomous driverless technology, we develop solutions that solve challenges for customers around the world.
As an Embedded Software Engineer – Linux QT you will design, develop, and evaluate software for embedded systems from concept through production stage, and make modifications as needed.
- Research, write, develop, test, and evaluate embedded software programs.
- Work with teams to facilitate deployment related to embedded software programs.
- Determine purpose, application, and feasibility of new or enhanced integration between software and hardware.
- Create and update documentation for designs, and all phases of the project.
- Work with external customers to troubleshoot and solve problems.
- Coordinate engineering efforts and provide engineering assistance to internal teams or external customers.
- Keep abreast of new developments in the fields of engineering design, methods, and applications.
- May provide or assist with training needs as it relates to new or existing software.
- May assist with quote or request for quote process.
- Demonstrates support for company culture in their daily actions and behaviors.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area. Follow established safety and ergonomic standards.
- May be called upon to perform comparable duties of a similar or related nature and/or assist in other areas as needed.
- Learning, understanding, continuously improving, and promoting the quality management system in accordance with ISO standards.
The salary for this position is $97,000 to $139,000 annually. (Actual salary offered will vary and will be based on several factors including skills, experience and qualifications for the role.)
Compensation & Benefits: We offer competitive compensation with multiple benefit (medical/dental/vision) options to meet your individual needs. Our industry leading 401k will support you in meeting your retirement objectives. Additional benefits include: paid parental leave, life insurance, volunteer time off and much more!
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or technical field with 2+ years of engineering experience.
- 2+ years of experience with QT Linux
Experience in programming languages, such as C or C++.
High level of customer service skills.
Knowledge of manufacturing techniques is preferred.
Well-developed problem analysis and problem-solving techniques.
Proficiency with a computer, including use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
Team player who is self-motivated and has ability to work with minimal supervision.
Ability to communicate effectively with employees and leadership staff.
- Experience with agricultural equipment and/or machines
- Experience with industry coding standards for software development (MISRA-C, etc)
- Vehicle networking protocols (e.g. CAN, LIN)
- Experience with SAE J1939, CAN, UDS and ISOBUS software protocols
- Model-Based Design experience using MATLAB® Simulink/Stateflow and Automatic code generation with dSPACE® Targetlink or Mathworks® Real-Time Workshop.
- Experience with code debuggers, code analysis, and memory management.
- Experience with automated testing (LABview, CAPL, etc)
- Experience with Electro-Hydraulic or vehicle control systems for on/off-highway vehicle systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of design analysis tool and other relevant engineering systems
- Demonstrated technical leadership and organization/control skills.
- Experience with network client/server architecture
CNH Industrial offers a wide variety of benefits that not only encourages wellness and preventive care, but we also provide the right tools and programs to help you achieve it. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance. Our industry leading 401k will support you in meeting your retirement objectives. Additional benefits include paid parental leave, flexible work policies, opportunities for self-development and paid leave for specific activities.
US applicants: CNH Industrial is an equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Applicants can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal “EEO is the Law” poster and its supplement . CNH Industrial participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. You can view additional information
If you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Read about our company’s commitment to pay transparency by clicking this link: .
Canada applicants: CNH Industrial is an equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, nationality, place of origin, disability, marital status, family status, age, or any other ground prohibited by applicable provincial human rights legislation.