Location: Maple Grove, MN
Houston Engineering Inc. (HEI), is a full service civil engineering, surveying, environmental and technology solutions consulting firm with multiple locations throughout the Midwest. Having been in business since 1968, we have provided outstanding client service and effectively managed our business strategy resulting in sustained growth. Our commitment continues to be meeting our client needs and providing a productive and fun atmosphere for our employees.
As a progressive firm, we are seeking team members who have a passion for growth and innovation. At HEI, we empower team members to foster professional development and maximize your potential. The challenge and opportunity you seek can be found at Houston Engineering!
If working with one of the world’s greatest resource, water, is one of your passions along with helping communities thrive, check out our opening for a Water Resources Engineer in Maple Grove, MN.
You will work on a variety of projects such as flood management, stream restoration, dam design, climate resiliency modeling, wetland restoration and creation modeling, urban and rural water quality improvements, and agricultural drainage. These projects have an impact on the world we live in including the economy, recreational activities, public safety, and the quality of our rivers, streams, and lakes.
- Prepare hydrology, hydraulics, and water quality models to address water resource challenges.
- Analyze reports, maps, and other data to plan and design projects.
- Coordinate with other engineering departments on complex multi-discipline projects.
- Provide onsite construction inspections and survey crew assistance.
- Work with CAD drafters on project designs.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil, Environmental, Geotechnical, or Biosystems Engineering or related field.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Experience with ArcGIS, AutoCAD, or hydrology software preferred, but not required.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior problem solving and analytical skills.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record
Benefits of Joining HEI
As part of our talented staff, you will enjoy competitive pay, significant annual bonuses, paid health, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long-term disability, PTO, paid holidays, parental leave, generous 401(k) match, access to HSA & FSAs, flexible schedules, annual HEI logo wear, plus more.
Additionally, view our careers page to read about HEI being selected as one of the ENR top 500 design firms and as one of the PB 50 best places to work for several years in a row. The challenge and the opportunity you seek can be found at HEI!
Apply by September 11, 2023
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Houston Engineering, Inc.