Who We Are
Vermeer equips customers doing important work around the world. We are global, driven by innovation and growing. The equipment we make manages natural resources, connects people and feeds and fuels communities. We live out a caring culture, we demonstrate agility, we keep a focus on customers and are stewards of our resources. These beliefs drive our culture, determine how we treat others and steer our business.
Work Shift 1 – First Shift
The Engineer I – Embedded Software applies in-depth knowledge of software engineering industry best practices, standards and technologies to develop, integrate, test, and debug embedded software for machine control systems. This position analyzes software requirements and develops algorithms, architecture, and code for real-time systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Exhibit the Vermeer characteristics of caring culture, demonstrating agility, customer focused and stewardship while modeling the associated behaviors.
2. Develop, integrate, test, and debug moderately complex embedded software for Vermeer machine control systems, including supporting production and service.
3. Provide technical leadership for moderate-complexity systems, potentially including mentoring less-experienced engineers.
4. Assist in the definition, analysis, and allocation of software requirements, along with developing machine-level testing approaches and procedures.
Education and/or Experience
– 4-year college degree in Computer Science, Computer or Software Engineering, Mechanical, Industrial, Agricultural or Electrical Engineering.
– Or other 2 or 4-year college degree with a minimum of 4 years related experience.
– Proficient in C, C++, and/or other embedded programming languages, including a demonstrated ability to use source code editors, IDEs, compilers, and other specialized engineering software.
– Experience with visual programming environments, such as MathWorks Simulink, National Instruments LabVIEW and/or Danfoss PLUS+1 GUIDE.
– Experience with a model-based design tools, such as MathWorks MATLAB.
– Ability to proficiently operate desktop, laptop computers and application software with experience using Microsoft Office products including, but not limited to, Word, Excel and Access.
Other Skills and Abilities
– Knowledge in control system theory and applications. Preferred knowledge in the control system design for off road vehicles, CAN and J1939 protocols.
– Ability to design, test, and implement Human-Machine Interface and Virtual Instrument components and controls.
– Ability to understand needs of customer and incorporate into function of machine.
– Ability to analyze, develop and write specifications that direct software code development.
– Familiarity with Agile software development methodologies.
– Knowledge in the areas of electronic circuits, microcontroller architectures, and principles of operation.
– Experience with test equipment such as power supplies, oscilloscopes, and signal generators.
– Ability to maintain a positive, professional relationship when working with co-workers, customers and the public.
– Ability to communicate timely and effectively, both orally and in written documents.
– Ability to prioritize multiple tasks while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
– Ability to lead others that do not report to the position to produce results, including technicians and production personnel.
Up to 15% domestic and/or international travel by car or plane may be required.
Work Location HYBRID: Some of a team member’s day-to-day work may be best done at a location other than a Vermeer campus. Discuss specific arrangements with your manager.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Vermeer Corporation, we believe in the value of your unique identity, background, and experiences. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other status protected by the law. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation due to a disability at any stage of the employment application process should contact Team Member Solutions at (641) 621-8767 or at .
Interested? We’d love to get to know you.