Here is what you can expect as your tasks and duties in this role:
- Assist a Project Manager in the production of project plans, specifications, and cost estimates
- Develop feasible design alternatives and compare significant parameters such as typical sections, horizontal and vertical alignments, right-of-way requirements and cost
- Identify and analyze the principle design features and major design alternatives that satisfy the project’s purpose and need
- Primarily use AutoCAD Civil 3-D to prepare engineering and design documents
- Prepare written technical reports and engineering studies with MS Office Suite
- Direct production work of engineering technicians
- Be present and willing to learn from anyone and everyone
- Actively participate in our Pape-Dawson activities- we have lots of fun while serving each other, our community, and clients!
Here is a short list of what is necessary to perform effectively in this role:
- Bachelor of Science degree in civil or agricultural engineering from an ABET accredited college or university- this is a must to qualify for this role.
- Previous experience through an internship with a civil design firm will be beneficial but certainly not required
- Be familiar with engineering principles, techniques, and procedures- you know, your degree coursework
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others is key and critical to your long-term success
- Flexibility in managing job tasks as deadlines and priorities change – and they can as you develop your technical expertise.
- Familiarity or working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D will be an advantage; however, you will receive guidance and mentoring on the job for everything you need to know to be successful in this role
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written skills – it is so important in our consulting work to be responsive and clear when working with others
- Must be able to work Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm with occasional overtime- sometimes you just have to work outside the typical office hours to get a job done and done well.
- Must be reliable and dependable- we are counting on you to continue the tradition of excellence. While you are expanding your technical expertise, you may want to spend some time with your team and mentors so it may mean coming in early or spending time after work.
Pape-Dawson Engineers is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer