Job Title: Engineer Product I 36289
- Performs basic product design, testing and/or analysis work for a defined portion of a project.
- Operates in a team environment, providing input to design solutions and participating in design reviews.
- Develops recommendations within established guidelines; work and decisions are reviewed by supervisors before implementation.
- Applies existing applications to routine problems.
- Produces and/or evaluates possible design solutions to improve cost, quality and performance based on specialized knowledge of engineering applications.
- This may include possible involvement of other functional engineers, supply management and/or supplier personnel.
- Analyzes assignments and determines engineering specifications which must be fulfilled for routine problems or projects.
- Compiles and furnishes necessary information (engineering decisions and reports of pertinent design analyses data) to document the design solution required for building of prototypes and adoption of the design with possible involvement of other functional engineers, supply management and/or supplier personnel.
- Learns and applies company engineering policies and practices; learns company products.
- Executes test or analysis plan for product verification and validation.
- Manage test
- Manage resource
- Process development
- Lead development and execution of tractor test activities for vehicle cold room
- Utilize the electronic documentation system to process activities for test scheduling, acceptance criteria, execution, and results
- Provide wage employee daily work direction and technical support
- Hold regular planning and review meetings with stakeholders during test execution
- Determine test needs and clarify acceptance criteria and test requirements
- Post-process data for test results and issue reports and correction actions when criteria is not met
- Utilize test activity scheduling tool for understanding test cell resource availability
- Executing tests per the standard procedures and update the procedures when appropriate
- Post-process test data to analyze and summarize results into reports for review and inclusion in electronic documentation system.
- 1st shift position.
Education (Specific Branch of Study, Certificate):
- A Bachelor’s of Science degree in Agricultural Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field is required
Required Skills, Knowledge, & Relevant Work Experience:
- Basic understanding of instrumentation
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Data analysis of simple to complex tests
- Ability to effectively collaborate and work with cross function teams
Desired Skills, Knowledge & Relevant Work Experience:
- Basic understanding of agricultural tractors and tractor operations
- 2+ years of product engineering experience
- Good negotiation skills
- A desire to improve test processes and data analysis techniques
- Technical expertise in hydraulic, cooling, or engine systems
- Microsoft Office, nCode Glyph Works, and National Instruments DIAdem
Special Considerations (Shift, Off Hours, Support, Travel, etc.):
- This position provides work direction and engineering support for a test cell that runs on first and second shift, Monday through Friday
- Typically, engineers adjust their core hours to provide some overlap with the start of second shift, working 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM with half-hour lunch for 8-hour day as an example
Three Point Solutions