$47.46-50.85 per hour
Join us onsite at our client, John Deere in Waterloo, IA as a Product Engineer!
Location: Waterloo, IA
Duration of Role: Two Years Plus
Rate of Pay: $47.46- $50.85/hour
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Applies knowledge of company products, policies and practices to provide economies through standardization of parts and products.
- Produces and/or evaluates possible design solutions to improve cost, quality and performance based on specialized knowledge of engineering applications. This may include possible involvement of other functional engineers, supply management and/or supplier personnel.
- Compiles and furnishes necessary information (engineering decisions and reports of pertinent design analyses data) to document the design solution required for building of prototypes and adoption of the design with possible involvement of other functional engineers, supply management and/or supplier personnel.
- Develops and/or executes test or analysis plan for product verification and validation.
- Provides technical support to marketing, manufacturing, quality and supply management organizations.
- Executes high level applications to more complex problems.
- Analyzes assignments and determines engineering specifications which must be fulfilled for complex problems or projects of moderate scope.
- Create the system-level software verification test plan for the features being delivered and defects being fixed once per software planning session (that is, once every two-month period).
- Define the appropriate level of regression testing required in each round of system testing.
- Support the Senior Verification Champion to automate existing system-level test cases in the system test suite.
- Be accountable for system-level software verification, test automation, and test execution.
- Be responsible for tracking metrics as defined by the Software Test Supervisor (requirements to test case coverage, test case automation data, test results, defects found, defects escaped).
- Assure the availability of test environments (Model in the Loop (MiL), Software in the Loop (SiL),
- Hardware in the Loop (HiL), Vehicle in the Loop (ViL).) and define which test environments to use based on the test strategy
- Skill in using computer aided design and/or engineering tools.
- Skill in using company information systems and processes.
- Knowledge in engineering principles, theory and practice as well as product knowledge.
- Understanding of engineering principles as they relate to the company product
- Fundamental understanding of machine forms relevant to the specific job assignment and Company division/unit.
- Knowledge/familiarity with machines manufactured by competitors.
- Knowledge of the Enterprise Product Delivery Process (EPDP), Enterprise Technology Development process (ETDP) and/or Enterprise Customer Acquisition Process (ECAP).
- Product engineering experience. (1 – 3 years)
- Engineering experience. (1 – 3 years)
- Experience with engineering tools, systems and databases. (1 – 3 years)
- Technical experience relating to design/diagnostics of mechanical/electrical/hydraulic systems. (1 – 3 years)
- Experience with Computer Aided Design (CAD) systems. (1 – 3 years)
- One or more years of experience working in mechatronics; including a solid understanding of electrical and electronics, hydraulics, and mechanical systems.
- One or more years of control system experience preferably related to propulsion systems and/or agriculture equipment.
- One or more years of experience with embedded control systems in either product development or product test.
- One or more years of experience with electronic test tools and simulation tools to assist in analysis and verification.
- Experience working with Model Based Software Design (MBSD) and/or system simulation (For example, experience using Matlab or Simulink).
- Experience working with test case automation tools (For example, the ECU-Test tool from TraceTronic).
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum software development environment.
- One or more years of experience with CAN bus and tools used for testing and analysis (For example, Vector VN1640A logger).
- Experience operating Agricultural / off-road equipment.
- ISTQB (International Software Testing Qualifications Board) Certification or equivalent.
- Bachelors of Science in Electronics/Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Technology, or other relevant discipline.
Powered by JazzHR