Engineer Support Specialist, Jr. – transmission or renewable
ASRC Federal is expanding our US Department of Agricultural portfolio and has opportunities nationwide. Experience with government contracting, specifically in “rural development” is strongly desired.
At ASRC Federal, we invest in our employees, both in and out of the workplace by providing competitive pay and benefits packages, flexible work schedules, meaningful PTO, and career-focused education assistance.
ASRC Federal is seeking a strong Engineer Assistant II to help support a USDA contract focusing on loans and grants. The candidate will be supporting the loan and grant process for the Rural Utilities Services, a division of USDA RD.
Location: Remote (ability to travel if necessary)
Clearance: Must be able to pass a government issued background check
- Collecting, storing, retrieving, and/or disseminating data, information, or materials.
- Inputting data and updating tables used to track work and assignments for the staff.
- Checking calculations, conducting research, providing oral and written comments on engineering studies and reports requiring RUS review, and compiling summaries and reports.
- Tracking the receipt of engineering files and analyzing files for completeness and accuracy.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Electrical, Environmental, or related field; or Associates degree in same fields.
- Minimum 1 year of relevant work experience; minimum of 3 years of work experience with an Associates degree.
- Familiar with or have experience in using a variety of computer applications.
- Must be proficient in using Microsoft Office applications including Excel and Power Point, especially for tasks that require i) running and creating functions, pivot tables and charts; i) sorting, analyzing, and displaying data; or iii) creating and delivering presentations.
- Attention to detail; analytical skills.
- Must be adaptable and able to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Effective communication skills; strong written and verbal communication.
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Successfully complete a government issued background investigation.
- Experience supporting government contracts or federal work experience
- Experience supporting USDA and/or rural development
- Be able to travel if necessary
ASRC Federal and its Subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, religion, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other factor prohibited by applicable law.