There are over 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more… many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before! Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Primary Location: United States (US) – Louisiana – Thibodaux
Function: Engineering (CA)
Title: Engineer, Systems Engineering – 94615
This position is eligible for a flexible work schedule arrangement at the present time. The arrangement may be delayed for training or other job acclimation purposes and remains subject to change.
As an Engineer, Systems Engineering for John Deere Thibodaux located in Thibodaux, LA, you will….
- Analyzes assignments and determines engineering specifications which must be filled for complex problems or projects of moderate scope. Including creation of feature and subsystem requirements for vehicle functions and collaborates with software systems engineers.
- Produces or evaluates possible design solutions to improve cost, quality and performance based on specialized knowledge of engineering applications. This may include possible involvement of other functional engineers, product support, quality engineers, supply management and or supplier personnel.
- Provides technical support to marketing, manufacturing, quality, supply management and the production line. Tech support also extends to corrective actions and working daily with the continuous improvement teams.
- Develops and/or executes test plans or analysis plans for product verification and validation as well as software control systems development and iterative test plans thru the product deliver process.
- Specify and design electrical/mechanical components for harvesting vehicle conventional 12V systems hardware and have development responsibility for electral hardware desing including electrical compnents, switches, sensors, wire harnesses, etc
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position
What Skills You Need
- 2 or more years of experience in Product engineering
- Electrical engineering experience performing analysis, testing and/or design work thru internships, education and or practical experience.
- Experience with electrical components/systems (through relevant course work, practical work experience)
- Demonstrated effective communication (written and verbal) skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability and willingness to attack emerging issues, determine root cause, and drive corrective action
- Experience in data analytics or through relevant course work.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% (both domestic and international)
What Makes You Stand Out
- Experience with electrical wire harness circuits, routing, and schematics and other electrical/electronic technical drawings
- Experience in roles that required a working knowledge of electrical components such as batteries, starters, alternators, rocker switches, relays, solenoids, sensors, actuators, and connectors
- Experience troubleshooting vehicle electrical systems
- An understanding of the interaction between software and hardware components
- Familiarity with Ag off road, Construction and or Forestry equipment.
- Experience with 3D modeling tools for harness routing (such as ProE- ProCable and Mentor Graphics- Capital Harness)
- Experience with systems engineering practices
Ideally you will have a degree or equivalent related work experience in the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Systems, Computer Engineering, Mechanical or Agricultural Engineering discipline
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go while working in an inclusive team environment. Here, you’ll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive reward package to help you get started on your new career path, including:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Highly competitive base pay and performance bonuses
- Savings & Retirement benefits (401K and Defined Benefit Pension)
- Healthcare benefits with a generous company contribution in the Health Savings Account
- Adoption assistance
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition assistance
- Fitness subsidies and on-site gyms at specific Deere locations
- Charitable contribution match
- Employee Purchase Plan & numerous discount programs for personal use
to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
The terms of the applicable benefit plans, and all company actions administering or interpreting these plans, continue to control. Deere & Company reserves the right to suspend, amend, modify, or terminate the Plan(s) in any manner at any time, including the right to modify or eliminate any cost-sharing between the company and participants. Changes, which can be made at any time, are made by action of the company’s board of directors, or to the extent authorized by resolution of its board of directors, or by the Deere & Company Compensation Committee. In the event of a conflict between the language of the official Plan Documents and this document, the language of the official Plan Documents will control.
ACA Section 1557 Nondiscrimination Notice
The John Deere Health Benefit Plans for Salaried Employees and The John Deere Benefit Plan for Wage Employees comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.