RFA Engineering ( ) is seeking Embedded Software Engineers to work from our Engineering Center in Eden Prairie, MN. As a part of the team, qualified candidates will work on development efforts for complex products in the off-highway/off-road mobile equipment industry.
Embedded Systems Software Engineer
This position is associated with the design and development of embedded software that controls machine operations and functions. Various development roles are available that require use of C, C++ or C# programming languages. Testing methods include bench testing with controllers, extensive vehicle simulation testing, and physical full machine testing.
Job responsibilities include:
- Development of embedded software applications that control vehicle operation using C, C++, or Simulink MBSD.
- Troubleshooting and debugging using using unit tests, vehicle simulators and bench testing of controllers with hardware in the loop
- Integration of software in a multi-developer Agile team using Continuous Integration process
- Functional and integration testing prior to hand-off to software test and evaluation group
- Development and release status tracking using the Agile development process
- Creation of software design documentation
- Bachelor’s or Master’s of Science degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related experience/degree.
- Experience with C or C++ programming languages
- Self-motivated, quick learner, with an any-problem-can-be-solved attitude
- Strong mathematical and analytical problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a team environment
- Previous experience in a structured software development process
- General machine knowledge of industrial equipment or machinery
- Experience with CAN J1939 communication protocol
- Ability to interpret hardware schematics for wiring and electronic controllers
- Experience with Simulink Model Based Software Design
- Ability to interpret software requirements and state diagrams
- Experience with Rally or Jira software tracking tools or similar tools
- Experience with CAN sniffers or similar tools to use for troubleshooting communication issues
- Knowledge of common software development tools such as VisualBasic,
Why work for RFA?
About RFA Engineering
RFA Engineering has provided engineering services to industry leading customers dating back to 1943. Our primary focus is project based product development of off highway equipment including agricultural, construction, mining, recreational, industrial, and special machines. Our work includes concept development, product design, documentation, problem-solving, simulation, optimization, and testing of components, systems and complete machines. Our engineering staff is located at our Engineering Center in Minneapolis, MN, Satellite office in Dubuque, IA, and at numerous customer sites throughout the U.S.
We Offer Competitive Benefits:
Health and Dental Insurance
Supplemental Vision Insurance
Company Paid Life Insurance
Company Paid Long-Term Disability
Retirement Savings Account (Traditional 401k & Roth 401k)
Flexible Spending Plans for Medical Expenses and Dependent Care
Extra Time Bonuses
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
Equal Opportunity and Veteran Friendly
Powered by JazzHR