As a world market leader in crop protection, we help farmers to counter these threats and ensure enough safe, nutritious, affordable food for all –while minimizing the use of land and other agricultural inputs.
Syngenta Crop Protection keeps plants safe from planting to harvesting. From the moment a seed is planted through to harvest, crops need to be protected from weeds, insects and diseases as well as droughts and floods, heat and cold.
Syngenta Crop Protection is headquartered in Switzerland.
At Syngenta, we are working to build the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture that provides leading seeds and crop protection innovations to enhance the prosperity of farmers. To support this challenge, we are seeking an Environmental Sustainability Engineer to define new and drive improvements to existing manufacturing processes.
- Participate in or provide resources to capital projects and site sustainability initiatives either as the owner of the sustainability assessment or to provide specific environmental engineering expertise, possibly operating across more than one site.
- Support the Process Technology input into significant multi-disciplinary projects, including SET projects, possibly leading small multidisciplinary projects.
- Ensures the required HSE standards and good laboratory practices are applied/respected.
- Oversees and defines the experimental program to deliver safe and sustainable processes that are fit for the current product lifecycle stage under the guidance of the project lead.
- Performs high-level and in-depth sustainability assessment of process options and new technologies in collaboration with manufacturing and development functions to inform key decisions in support of sustainability targets.
- Establishes and maintains technical documentation under guidance from a project or team leader.
- Establishes and maintains contact with centres of process technology expertise within Syngenta to ensure optimum use of available skills and resources. Take part in formal networks in areas of expertise.
- Supports the department in specialist roles
- B.Sc. with 3y experience or M.Sc. in Chemical or Process Engineering or equivalent experience
- Fluent English. German and French advantageous.
- Good communication skills coupled with the ability to see trends and simplify complex information.
- Some experience in abatement technologies, process development and sustainability assessments.
- understanding of environmental impact and sustainability assessment concepts (e.g. LCA).
- Basic knowledge of reporting frameworks (e.g. GHG Protocol, Environmental Product Footprints, ISO) and environmental regulations
- Track record in working within project timelines in a dynamic environment.
- Basic knowledge about Syngenta stage plan, Supply Chain strategy, R&D and P&S processes, teams, roles and responsibilities. (or equivalent experience with another company)
What we Offer
A culture that celebrates diversity & inclusion, promotes professional development, and strives for a work-life balance that supports the team members
We offer flexible work options to support your work and personal needs
Full Benefit Package (Medical, Dental & Vision) that starts your first day
401k plan with company match, Profit Sharing & Retirement Savings Contribution
Paid Vacation, 9 Paid Holidays, Maternity and Paternity Leave, Education Assistance, Wellness Programs, and Corporate Discounts, among other benefits
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission’s (EEOC)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.