Dana Lafayette, IN is seeking a “hands-on” Engineer for Product Service & Support (“PSS”). This Field Engineer is responsible for identifying issues with, servicing, and repairing products, equipment and systems that have been purchased by Dana’s customers. The PSS Field Engineer serves as the point of contact for customers’ technical product questions remote or onsite and champions root cause investigation and corrective action process for major issues, to ensure a high level of service and support for our customers.
Part of the global quality team, regionally supporting all Off-Highway customers in the Mining, Material Handling, Construction, Forestry, Agricultural and Specialty Equipment market segments. Candidates for this position may be located in proximity to: Lafayette, IN and must be open to frequent travel to customers and other Dana facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Make necessary customer’s on-site visit and submit written report of findings, solutions, and observations.
- Perform investigation and analysis on failed returns.
- Develop and lead action plans, working close with manufacturing plants and engineering on problem resolution.
- 8D discipline and RED X approach (safety, customer satisfaction, relevant impact on warranty cost)
- Conduct Mechanical and Electrical inspection & testing of returned drivetrain components (axles, transmissions, EV motors, etc.) in house or remote locations to determine failure modes and corrective actions.
- Organize and conduct training classes for customers, dealers, and service centers on product teardown and troubleshooting.
- Complete machine checkouts for new applications to verify machine performance conforms to application approval.
- Review engineering information and rework this information so that it can be included in our field service information.
- Provide technical service info that is to be included in service manuals.
- Assist in establishing proper operating procedures and preventive maintenance programs for dealers or customers.
- Support Plant Quality Managers and PSS Manager in managing field campaigns at any region or site.
- Knowledge of failure modes analysis
- Siemens team center and CANalyzer software experience is an advantage.
- Knowledge of Off-Highway market & the related applications, standards & regulations
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills, including customer presentations, project review meetings and status reports.
- Able to work effectively in a cross-functional environment with minimal supervision.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering field (BSEE, BSME or related field)
- 3 – 5 years minimum experience technical service/Quality support, with prior experience in diagnostic test engineering roles.
- 5-7 years of diversified experience in industrial manufacturing. Experience related to electrification and drive line products preferred.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Please note, this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per Dana policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that Dana will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.