- Very unique opportunity to be the first marketer at a startup that is well-funded with strong product-market fit (hundreds of paying customers, #1 in G2 category, several team members are former customers, etc)
- Hybrid role with 3 days/week at our office in San Francisco
About Perfect Venue
Private events and catering make up about a third of restaurant revenue and are often the highest-margin revenue stream. However, many restaurants manage this critical revenue stream using home-brewed manual processes that rely on poorly organized spreadsheets, cumbersome Word templates, and handwritten credit card authorizations. Errors can be costly and severely harm a restaurant’s bottom line. In short, restaurants are managing a sales process without a CRM and losing money as a result.
Big restaurant chains have already recognized this and are using event management software solutions that are decades old, complicated, and expensive. This puts local restaurants between a rock and a hard place when it comes to managing their most profitable revenue stream.
We’re changing that. Perfect Venue exists to help local restaurants compete with big chains. We do that by providing local restaurants with an affordable and beautifully designed tool that makes booking events effortless.
Our event management software is just the beginning. We plan to build a marketplace (à la Airbnb, OpenTable) to help guests book restaurants and expand to other types of venues (Hotels, Event Centers) and other types of businesses (Caterers, Florists) in the future.
We may be biased, but there has never been a better time to join our team. We have a strong product-market fit, with hundreds of customers nationwide and the backing of top-tier investors. Despite this success, we are still a small team, which means that you will have an outsized impact on our ability to achieve our mission and a lot of autonomy.
Recently featured in , Fortune, Axios, Eater, and others.
Our Culture & Values
We love helping people. Above all, we see our job as solving our customers’ problems. Small business owners work tirelessly to serve their customers, and we work just as hard to serve them. We are competitive and love to win; someone once described us as “low-key Type-As”. Here are some of our core values:
- We’re customer obsessed
- We build exceptional products
- We FITFO
- We play to win
- We think like scientists
As our first marketer, you will be responsible for all our marketing activities – so you will be creating, implementing, and optimizing new strategies to grow our business. You’ll get to recruit freelancers and hire new team members to build out the marketing team you’ve always wanted to lead.
Below are some of the key responsibilities and experiences we’re looking for.
- Develop and Implement Marketing Strategy: Create and execute a comprehensive marketing plan that aligns with our business goals, focusing on restaurant managers and owners.
- Manage Google Ads Campaigns: Leverage your expertise in Google Ads to develop, implement, and optimize campaigns that drive conversions.
- Self-Serve Platform Experience: Build campaigns to increase sign-ups and adoption, not just demo requests.
- Analyze and Report: Regularly track, analyze, and report on marketing KPIs, providing insights and recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Collaborate: Work closely with the sales and product teams to ensure a consistent brand voice and message. We have a very strong founding designer who you will get to work with on creating marketing assets.
- Manage Agencies and Freelancers: Manage the agencies and freelancers that we use for various marketing functions.
- Experience: Minimum of 3-5 years of B2B SaaS marketing experience.
- Startup Background: Must have been one of the first marketing hires at an early-stage startup.
- Special Skills: Proven experience in managing successful Google Ads campaigns and working with self-serve platforms.
- Personal Traits: Creative thinker, results-driven, self-motivated, excellent communication skills, and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Tools: Hubspot, Webflow, ChatGPT, and Google Analytics. You should be very comfortable working with Martech tools to optimize your work.
- Meaningful stock options in a growing technology company
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Complimentary One Medical membership for you and your family
- Flexible PTO
- Company laptop + equipment
- Extremely comfortable company swag
Perfect Venue is committed to building a winning team
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We will work to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.