Warner Music Group
Culver City, CA
$65,000-75,000 per year
WMG’s top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its team members, artists and songwriters across the globe. In response to COVID-19, WMG is fully committed to helping its people balance their home and life commitments with flexible working options, virtual wellness sessions, and more. WMG strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for all US new employees, prior to the commencement of employment. If you are hired, you will be required to provide proof of your vaccination as part of your new employee onboarding process, subject to our legal obligation to make reasonable accommodations in certain limited circumstances.
At Warner Music Group, we’re a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
- Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great writers and editors will always be our driving force.
- Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
- Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
- Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
Consider a career at WMG and get the best of both worlds – an innovative global music company that retains the creative spirit of a nimble independent.
Job Title: Front End Developer – HipHopDX
A little bit about our team:
HipHopDX is a digital media business that day in and day out talks about Hip Hop music culture. Reaching over 10 Million people monthly, we are creating daily content through written articles, social posts, and short/ long-form videos. Our premier product and destination is , which is where your work is focused.
The Front End Developer will report to The Head Of Engineering, where you will be working alongside a small team of developers, writers, and SEO specialists. Here you will develop and maintain a new music media publishing platform being built and tested for hiphopdx.com and other Warner Music publishing properties. Additionally, you will be working hand-in-hand with our lead designer to create and implement stunning new user experiences as well as revamping vital parts of our sites.
It is the responsibility of the Front End Developer to work with React, CSS, JS, HTML, and some PHP to help create and implement new features on the site. You will be tasked with various projects that can range from updating WordPress interfaces, revamping various sections (release dates, reviews, artist pages), and developing publishing widgets such as, story stream, related content and ad integrations.
Here you’ll get to:
- Provide input into key design and usability decisions for new features on the website
- Develop and launch new UI/UX components
- Launch new tools to help improve writer’s day-to-day experience on our publishing platform
- Work directly with our lead designer to bring creative UX/UI ideas to life being used by over 5 Million people monthly.
- Work with other developers, designers and seo personnel
- Use the latest tools and technologies (Jira, React, Parabol)
- Make SEO changes that will grow the fanbase
Experience with WordPress, Photoshop, Adobe XD, and editorial websites is also a huge plus. We are looking for motivated individuals who are able to take on and solve new tasks without needing to be helped every step of the way. The ideal candidate for this position is someone who understands how to design and develop user interfaces with a team and is excited to take on new, challenging projects for a small group with a big reach.
In addition we expect you to have:
- A Strong Knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Ample Experience with UI/UX development and design integration
- A can-do attitude and the ability to be resourceful when needed
- The ability to work independently and to be consistently at your creative and productive peak, while working remotely without constant supervision
We’d love it if you also had experience with:
- Adobe XD & Photoshop
- Working on high-volume sites (1M+ views)
HipHopDX – For over 22 years, HipHopDX has been at the forefront of Hip Hop culture, reaching over 5.7 million readers and influencing over 5.5 million social followers per month. As one of the longest-standing Hip Hop digital publications, and reaching more people than ever, we keep our readers, influencers and the artists we talk about, educated, informed and entertained on everything happening in Hip Hop music culture. Our insightful, honest, unbiased editorials, reviews, premier news, and original video content, draws one of the most loyal followings online. As a part of Warner Music Group, HipHopDX is expanding internationally, increasing its video offering and building out the digital tools for the next generation of music media consumption. We continue to build upon the reputation we have garnered from decades of work
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the “Apply” link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
Job Posting Range $65,000 to $75,000 Annually
Job Posting Ranges are included for all New York and California job postings and 100% remote roles where talent can be located in NYC and CA. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as work experience and business needs. The pay range is subject to change at any time dependent on a variety of internal and external factors.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2023 Warner Music Inc.
Warner Music Group