Front-End Software Developer – Mid-Level
Colorado Springs, CO Full-Time Mid-Level
Salary Range: $80,414 – $170,179. Final compensation will be determined by a variety of factors including but not limited to your skills, experience, education, and/or certifications.
Benefits: Synaptech offers one of the best benefits packages in the Colorado Defense Industry. You will receive over 5 weeks of PTO, 5% matching 401K plans with immediate vesting. It’s your money from the first deposit, and there’s no multi-year waiting period! Almost all of our health, dental, vision, long and short-term disability, basic life, health FSA, and dependent care FSA plans are available at NO cost for you and your family. And, if you select the HDHP medical plan that we offer, we’ll even pay you up to an extra $2K per year in your Health Saving Account (HSA). What’s this all mean? More cash in your pocket each and every month!
Location: Synaptech is headquartered in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Colorado Springs is consistently recognized as one of the best cities to live. This year, US News and World Report ranked . The Springs offer a strong job market, quality schools, and boundless recreational opportunities!
What you will do at Synaptech:
- Design and implement dynamic software applications featuring 3D graphics, animations, geospatial analysis, and data analytics to support physics-based modeling and simulation, space warfighting analysis, and space domain awareness.
- Write software applications and perform analysis that influences the development of the next generation of US space assets across multiple domains including Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR), communications, missile warning, navigation, and more.
- Explore and experiment with new software development technologies and programming languages to spur innovation and develop entirely new applications and features!
- Work with a team of space domain experts, astrophysicists, aerospace engineers, UX design experts, and other talented software engineers to create the next generation of software tools for space warfighters and operational analysts.
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field with 3 – 12 years of professional development experience or master’s degree in a STEM field with 1 – 10 years of professional development experience
- Proficiency in React, Angular, or other modern front-end JS frameworks, build tools, and environments (Node.js, Webpack, etc.)
Nice to have:
- Full-stack software development experience
- Python development experience, including development of REST-ful APIs
- Experience working with large data sets through databases, JSON, and XML
- Experience and understanding of space control concepts, astrodynamics, and orbital mechanics, and satellite operations
- Experience with TDD and writing unit tests, integration tests, and system tests to achieve high code coverage within a CI/CD pipeline
- Experience working collaboratively with and implementing designs produced by UX researchers and designers
- Agile software development experience, with the ability to develop features both collaboratively and on your own with minimal supervision
- Ability to see both the big picture and details of software architectures and anticipate and facilitate architectural changes over the full software lifecycle
- Solid understanding of a variety of software development tools and platforms to facilitate technological decisions
- Experience with 3D graphics programming, including the Three library and WebGL
- Experience using 3D geospatial libraries (Cesium, Web WorldWind, etc.)
- Proficiency in NoSQL database design, maintenance, and operations (MongoDB is a plus)
- UX design experience
- Modeling and Simulation experience
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Preferred – TS/SCI
- Nice to Have – Secret
- Acceptable – Ability to obtain a security clearance
Synaptech was founded by an entrepreneurial leadership team with a strong passion for fundamentally changing the world by protecting the freedom that our nation enjoys, and by creating a better tomorrow for future generations. We specialize in the rapid, innovative, collaborative implementation of highly technical solutions for some of the DoD’s most demanding assessments and missions.
At Synaptech, your personal contributions matter. You are more than a name in an endless sea of developers. Your work will be seen by a wide range of audiences including the U.S. Government, up to the highest levels within the Department of Defense, Intelligence Community, and Executive Branch.
Synaptech is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Powered by JazzHR