$60,000-74,800 per year
Westat is an employee-owned corporation providing research services to agencies of the U.S. Government, as well as businesses, foundations, and state and local governments. Westat’s research, technical, and administrative staff of more than 2,000 is located at our headquarters in Rockville, Maryland, near Washington, DC.
Westat is committed to building a diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity, belonging and equity for all. We believe that our greatest strength draws on the different backgrounds, cultures, perspectives and experiences of our employees.
- You strive to produce functional/usable, tested, and beautiful websites for the people/personas the site was designed to serve.
- Your design decisions are based on research and experience.
- You have experience in developing everything from simple prototypes to fully functioning frontend web-based systems.
- You are dedicated to researching, finding answers, and asking questions when you are spinning your wheels
- Promote best practices in UI/UX.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions with your team and clients to help articulate requirements, preferences, and expectations.
- Create low-high fidelity visual designs.
- Prototype, Wireframe, Theme, and ultimately build Frontend Architecture
- Experience using modern frontend libraries/frameworks like Bootstrap, Material or USWDS.
- Experience building accessible 508/WCAG compliant websites.
- Familiar with different CMS like Drupal or WordPress and can style/theme sites while working closely with a developer to accomplish the project needs/goals.
- Experienced in customizing and theming templates according to design specifications.
- Understanding of GIT or equivalent workflow while developing specific features on a team.
- Able to write clean, readable, and well-documented code.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills and an attention to detail.
- Able to work independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Understanding of Docker.
- Familiar with the ideas behind ATOMIC Design or BEM as a standard for the development of complex component based User Interfaces.
- Accustomed to working on collaborative, team projects using agile development methodology.
- Experience writing technical requirements and specifications.
- Experience with User Centered Design (User Personas/Testing/Research/Interviews).
- Experience Information Architecture and User Workflow/Journey Maps.
- Understand how use a package manager like npm or yarn.
Westat offers a well-rounded and comprehensive benefits program focused on wellness and work/life balance. Eligible employees may participate in:
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Parental Leave
- Vacation Leave
- Sick Leave
- Holiday Leave
- Professional Development
- Health Advocate
- Employee Assistance Program
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, or any other protected status under applicable law.
Computer Systems and Applications
The anticipated pay for this position is $60,000 – $74,800 and will commensurate with experience.