This is an opportunity to apply your skills within an agile environment. We are looking for someone that can assist with a wide variety of projects including modernizing a technology stack. Your experience and engagement will have a profound effect on our community. Our focus is on user-experience, automating workflows, building integrations, and developing innovative home-grown solutions.
- Mentor and coach some of the other team members. The Team currently consists of 3 other developers.
- Do a lot with the Azure REST API. Enhance user interactions with SSO experience. Taking login credentials and using Azure REST API to enhance user experience.
- React.js front end and Node.Js backend. If there is someone that has great test planning experience, they are open to that.
- Standardized HTTP responses and the synchronizing of something that’s asynchronous and giving us some consistency on user experience from timing for responses to style logic throughout.
- Make our portal mobile responsive, accessible, and more collaborative.
- Work on our new portal to help provide better communication to all staff.
- Work on some enhancements to their course registration system.
1. Define objectives by analyzing user requirements and envisioning system features and functionality that meet the requirements. Analyze and improve complex system logic.
2. Design and develop user interfaces to applications by setting expectations and feature priorities throughout the development life cycle; determine design methodologies and tool sets, complete programming using languages and software products and design and conduct testing.
3. Initiate and lead code review and Peer-to-Peer working situations with Application Developers. Mentor Application Developers. Serve as development leads on Enterprise Systems Projects.
4. Develop technical specifications in accordance with quality standards, functional specifications and standard College procedures from which programs and applications will be developed or modified. Document system changes; provide and maintain the required documentation for functional and technical processes.
5. Integrate applications by designing database architecture and server scripting. Study and establish connectivity with network systems, search engines, and information servers.
6. Ensure effective College Web infrastructure, successful project completions and continuous improvement to the College Web Environment and delivery of Web Services. Provide guidance for future web applications and other on-line technology development through research, dialogue with experts and other means.
7. Support effective data and system management and work with Institutional Effectiveness and Reporting to ensure data integrity for compliance.
8. Support content managers in editing, manipulating and organizing electronic content for the internet and intranet Support the Faculty and Student communities with enhancement of API’s, web services, and applications. Provide technical training and user support as required.
9. Remain current on trends in web development and use to ensure MPTC web sites and applications are rated as superior when compared to the web sites and applications of other higher education institutions. Administer the Web site content management system and support functional users in their administration of the Web site CMS. Train content managers throughout the College community to enable them to maintain Web pages in their area.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
-Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Information Science, Computer Science or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
-Five years of progressively more responsible experience building production software that is scalable and maintainable. Development experience in an ERP environment is preferred.
-Thorough understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle process, including specification, documentation, quality assurance and the creation of test and implementation plans.
-Strong communication, project management and multi-tasking skills.
-Excellent organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
-Ability to work in a team-based, highly participative quality environment.
-Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
-Schedule flexibility to work in a 24×7 multi-site environment oriented toward a zero downtime goal.
-Experience with and working knowledge of relational databases (Such as Oracle Database, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server). Demonstrated knowledge of non-relational databases. (Such as Redis and MongoDB).
-This person must have excellent communication, analytical, and problem solving skills. They will be working with a BA that will do most of the requirement gathering from the business, however there will be times when this developer must interact with the business as well.
Location: 100% Remote (CST/EST hours preferred)
Recruiter: Jasmine Bogart-Falbo
We’re partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That’s the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.