Bringing life-changing medicines to millions of people, Novartis sits at the intersection of cutting-edge medical science and innovative digital technology. As a global company, the resources and opportunities for growth and development are plentiful including global and local cross functional careers, a diverse learning suite of thousands of pro-grams & an in-house marketplace for rotations & project work. With a strong medicines pipeline our current trans-formation will not just deliver growth for our business but continue to allow us to bring innovative medicines to patients quickly.
The RWE&MI information products and applications support the strategic initiatives of Medical Affairs and Population Health and Account Management (PHAM) teams to create information products (that utilize epidemiology, health economics, statistics, and machine learning) and solutions focused on improving clinical care delivery. This includes utilizing large licensed Real-World Data Novartis assets and co-development initiatives with hospital systems.
The Senior Manager, Full Stack Software Developer will participate in the design and development of front-end web applications, backend information retrieval and data analysis pipeline, the APIs and integration of systems for the Real-World Evidence and Medical Intelligence (RWEMI) applications. This role will be a critical member of the software development team, and will work with software architect, data scientists, DevOps, and quality assurance team members.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop modular, reusable, elegantly designed and maintainable software as industrial quality information products that support the organizational strategic initiatives and improve clinical care delivery.
- Be hands on and solution driven, develop and maintain the code repositories for which you are responsible and respond rapidly to bug reports or security vulnerability issues.
- Embody and integrate software development best practices into your everyday work and inspire others within the engineering community to emulate these practices.
- Collaborate extensively with your colleagues across Engineering, Product Management, Product Service Management and Business Management.
- Develop front-end web applications, both internal and external user facing, to support the management of knowledge base, review and feedback of analytical outcome, access control of data sets, and required backend system and API.
- Implement information retrieval system and data analysis pipelines that are reusable, scalable, and can rapidly roll out to multiple therapeutical areas, drugs, measurements.
Our selection process will prioritize associates from the current Innovative Medicines division, whose positions may be changing or impacted. This is a US based position. No international relocation will be provided for this position.
This position can be based remotely anywhere in the U.S. (there may be some restrictions based on legal entity). Please note that this role would not provide relocation as a result. The expectation of working hours and travel (domestic and/or international) will be defined by the hiring manager.
What you’ll bring to the role:
- BS/MS in Computer Science, or commensurate experience
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, algorithms, data structures, and complexity analysis.
- Understanding of AWS cloud technologies.
- Experience with Linux/Unix environment.
- Experience working with RESTful APIs and data formats such as XML or JSON.
- Experience using version control systems, such as Git, Bitbucket, etc.
- Be an independent self-starter who takes pride in their work and has a passion for science and engineering.
- Ability and enthusiasm to rapidly learn new software languages, frameworks, and APIs.
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $112,800 and $169,200/per year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Accessibility and Reasonable Accommodations: Individuals in need of a reasonable accommodation due to a medical condition or disability for any part of the application process, or to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 (877)395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
COVID-19: While Novartis does not require vaccination at this time, for certain Novartis sites in the US all associates and candidates may be required to either upload an image of their COVID-19 vaccine card demonstrating proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 (or other similar evidence of vaccination) or proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken by the associate or candidate within the past seven days to enter any of our sites and/or customer office or healthcare facility, as well as prior to participating in other work related off-site meetings. Employees working in customer-facing roles must adhere to and comply with customers’ (such as hospitals, physician offices, etc.) credentialing guidelines, which may require vaccination. As required by applicable law, Novartis will consider requests for reasonable accommodation for those unable to be vaccinated. This requirement is subject to applicable state and local laws and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions. Please send accommodation requests to Eh.email@example.com.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
#LI-NOV = Novartis
Innovative Medicine US