Mountain View, CA
Full Stack Software Engineer-Developer, Senior
Software Engineer IV
NASA Ames Research Center
Mountain View, California
HX5 is an award-winning provider of engineering, research and development, and technical services to clients such as NASA and the Department of Defense. Founded in 2004, HX5 is a fast-growing veteran- and woman-owned company with locations nationwide.
HX5 is currently seeking Full Stack Software Engineer-Developer to join an Agile software development team to develop and enhance a suite of web applications for space and aeronautics related science missions (review project descriptions below). These applications consist of web portals, custom-built workflows, data consolidation and integration solutions, search engines, and reporting tools.
Salary range $130,448.36 to 195,672.53
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Strong full lifecycle software development and DevOps as an individual and team contributor
- Provide guidance to team members in areas of technology adoption, architecture, design, optimization, web application security, integration and test, CI/CD, and software engineering best practices
- Ensure requirements compliance and on-time milestones completion; identify, communicate, document, and help address issues
- Document, design, implement and collaborate with team members on requirements gathering and analysis, system architecture, technical approaches, test plans, and other relevant project related artifacts
- Contribute and perform relevant software Quality Assurance(QA)/testing documentation, black-box and white-box testing, and the maintenance of the continuous integration/continuous (CI/CD) delivery system
- Interface with external users and stakeholders to develop requirements, deploy solutions, and conduct root-cause analysis
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field
- 5 + years of experience developing enterprise web based data systems, applications, and portals using Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) technical approaches
- Significant hands-on experience with:
- Strong Object-Oriented Programming (OOP)/Object-Oriented Design (OOD) (5 + yrs)
- C/C++ (4 + yrs)
- Java (4 + yrs)
- MongoDB or other NoSQL databases (4 + yrs)
- UNIX/Linux shell scripting, such as Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), CENTOS
- JSON and XML data interchange formats
- Developing RESTful APIs and web services
- Experience with XQuery, XPath, XML Schemas, XSLT for legacy XML data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Master’s Degree in computer science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or ralted field
- Java Native Interface (JNI)
- Knowledge of scientific data formats such as Hierachical Data Format (HDF) relevant for storing and organizing large Aeronautics data
- PHP and Python
COVID-19 Regulations: As a federal government contractor, HX5 complies with all customer, federal, state, and local requirements regarding COVID-19 regulations, including COVID-19 vaccinations and testing requirements. This means that our employees and new hires, whether working at a customer site, working remotely, or working in an HX5 facility, will need to adhere to applicable COVID-19 requirements. These requirements may include vaccination, attestations regarding your vaccination status and/or COVID-19 testing, and you may be required to show proof of vaccination and/or negative test results as a condition of your employment. Requests for an accommodation will be reviewed and assessed under applicable laws and regulations.
HX5 offers a competitive salary and benefits package to include:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401(k) plan with Company Match
- Paid Holidays
- Accrued Paid Time Off
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Identity Protection
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter/Transit Spending Accounts
- Group Legal Coverage Options
HX5, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
HX5, LLC is a Drug Free Workplace Employer.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please call (850) 362-6551.