APU seeks employees who desire to contribute to our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and one another.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or demonstrable equivalent experience.
- 2-4 years of web development experience, preferably with PHP, Drupal, and/or WordPress.
- 1-3 years in back- and front-end web development— designing, building, and maintaining accessible, responsive websites.
- Experience implementing large and complex websites within a content management system environment.
Primary Duties/ Essential Functions
- Complete maintenance, support, and enhancement tasks for APU’s website.
- Contribute to functional/technical planning.
- Participate in quality assurance activities.
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges.
- Provide direction per web design best practices and collaborate with design staff to create and implement new designs and graphics for use on the public website.
- Implement web-based systems to manage website content, with an emphasis on frontend display of dynamic and/or interactive information to website users.
- Solid understanding of best practices and standards for web development, performance, security, accessibility (WCAG 2.1), and organic search engine optimization.
- Proficient with code versioning tools such as Github or Bitbucket.
- Familiar with quality assurance tools and code validation tools such as SiteImprove.
- Familiar with work management and ticketing tools (Monday.com, Asana, Jira).
- Exceptional organizational skills, multitasking capabilities, and attention to detail.
- Must be a problem solver and someone who is curious and enjoys learning new skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with campus partners and co-workers from a variety of professional disciplines and at different levels of authority.
- Must be versatile and able to contribute and add value to the team on a variety of tasks.
- Must be organized and able to manage and track time effectively.
- Must be able to collaborate and work effectively in a remote / distributed environment.
- Ability to work under pressure, exuding a mature demeanor while multi-tasking in a deadline oriented environment with accuracy and consistency.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team, as well as an independent contributor.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretionary skills in determining when to act independently and when to consult management prior to taking action.
- Self-starter with a positive attitude.
- In agreement with the purpose and goals of Azusa Pacific University in providing a Christian-based higher education for its students.
- Requires repetitive motions and sitting at computer keyboard.
- Hearing and speaking on the telephone.
- Ability to conduct business at other offices on campus.
- Ability to lift, bend, grasp, reach, lift up to 20 lbs. occasionally.
- Reading, writing notes, and computer monitor.
- Pleasant office, highly energetic, comfortable temperature.
- Proficient in Google Apps, Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel.
- Grade 12: $30.67-$39.87
- Salary will be commensurate with qualifications, experience, and internal equity.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: .
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates. A review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Azusa Pacific University