We’re Here to Move the World Forward.
Valmont impacts millions of people around the world every day, yet they might not realize the many ways. Our technology is helping feed the growing population, supplying the world with more reliable energy and access to renewables, enhancing connectivity in remote and urban locations to create a sustainable future and so much more. Simply put, Valmont is advancing agricultural productivity and reimagining vital infrastructure to make life better.
Join a Fortune 1000 company that respects hard work, honors diversity and invests in our employees as we focus on creating the world of tomorrow, today. We are the modern workforce. Are you ready to move the world forward? Apply now.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
The Lean Industrial Engineer drives, facilitates and enables operational excellence through the implementation of Lean principles and practices across all Valmont Global Coatings sites to achieve customer focus, simplicity, agility and accountability. The Lean Industrial Engineer works on varied projects to achieve Coatings Division goals, including capital, maintenance, process development, and research and development projects. You will travel to Coatings sites to research and implement these projects. The work involves lean methodology, project management, and financial analysis skills. You will report to the Vice President, Operational Excellence, Global Coatings.
- Use both engineering and lean skill sets to lead improvements and Lean methodology mentoring activities at Global Coatings locations
- Assist teams in development and improvement of business processes, requirements, change management and metrics
- Identify obstacles that may affect performance and assist teams in resolving conflicts to achieve improvement
- Calculate and maintain lean-related measures, maintain records, and communicate data to relevant personnel
- Lead teams in development and improvement of business processes, requirements, change management and metrics
- Promote and facilitate diagnosis of work flow impediments and other waste throughout the Division and provide recommendations on appropriate tools to eliminate them
- Develop and maintain standard processes for measuring and reporting the status of, and improvements in, Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost (SQDC) metrics
- Drive improvement in, and quality of, relevant discipline standards to increase the value to the customer
- Specialized project management responsibilities which generally include assisting NA Coating’s plants
- Manage the process of selecting, scoping, and prioritizing projects including review of resource utilization across the organization
- Manage financial benefit, cost budgets, and key performance indicator bowlers related to major activities
- Evaluate engineering solutions to a variety of manufacturing related problems
- Travel up to 50% (internationally/domestically), including overnight stays
What It Takes:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or related discipline with 5+ years of relevant experience
- One year engineering focus driving Lean or other continuous improvement transformation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook)
- Use Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) technologies
- The ability to perform math calculations required by Lean methodology including basic algebra
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess:
- A Master’s degree in engineering, business or related Lean field
- A professional Lean Certification
- Experience in facilitation/coaching of TPM events, Standard Work events, manufacturing and administrative value stream improvement projects
Valmont offers employees and their families a comprehensive Total Well-being benefit package to ensure their personal and family’s overall wellness needs are met.
o Medical, dental and vision insurance
o Paid time off
o Employer paid life insurance
o Employer paid short-term and long-term disability
o Retirement plans
o Dependent care
o Employee assistance programs
o Voluntary programs like tobacco cessation, Type 2 diabetes reversal, mortgage services, home & auto insurance, health coaching and more.
Because of the nature of Valmont’s Global Business and Union contracts, not all benefits are the same.
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
You are exposed to hazards that may exist within manufacturing and shipping areas. Some hazards are chemical vapors, smoke, dust, frozen water, and noise over 80 decibels. Although some of the work can be performed in an office setting; most on the shift will be spent moving around different areas of the manufacturing plant. You will work in and follow the safety rules of all areas of the facility, including the use of personal protective equipment where required. This equipment includes metatarsal safety boots, safety glasses and hearing protection in areas where it is required. This position requires long days to support the Lean initiative including travel to other international company facilities and offsite locations. The environment is fast-paced and demanding most of the time.
This position requires movement throughout the plant to different events, activities and meetings. There are areas of the plant that cannot be accessed by elevator and the Global Lean Industrial Engineer needs to be able to access these areas by stairs. This position may require standing and moving around the site for multiple hours. You are frequently required to use hands and fingers to type. Reaching hands and arms above shoulder height while working in the office or distribution centers may be required. The Lean Engineer needs to drive him/herself around to attend Lean events. You must frequently lift and move up to 30 pounds and in rare occasions lift and move up to 50 pounds. There is a dolly available for heavy lifting and moving within the office. Specific vision requirements include close vision sight, with or without eyewear. You must be able to see and read the text on the computer/laptop screen including smaller font. This can be done with or without accommodations.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.