The IT Technical Engineer, Integrations is responsible for Smithfield’s System Integration landscape. This individual will lead and oversee the development and delivery of multiple capabilities, with a focus on aggressively transforming integration practices and modernizing legacy applications to target state architecture and state technology stack.
As part of the Global Applications & Operations team, the Integrations Tech Engineer is responsible for successful maintenance, support and ongoing enhancement of middleware and integration components focused upon both internal applications and external business partners. The successful candidate will work closely with members of the application development, enterprise architecture and infrastructure teams from plan to deployment of application integrations, ensuring that system design, staffing/support needs and operational process flows are optimized to facilitate successful integration into the IT&T system portfolio.
- Lead middleware resources to translate defined business, functional and non-functional requirements into a detailed design for application integrations and services in support of various line of business initiatives. Work with middleware resources to translate defined business, functional and non-functional requirements into a detailed design for application integrations and services in support of various line of business initiatives. Develop metrics and KPIs for integration activities continuous improvement.
- Identify gaps in process and tooling for middleware development through QA/ deployment and operational support of the integration.
- Lead solution design leadership in working with business and technology delivery teams proactively, and on an as needed basis, through other platform, relationship, and development managers.
- Contribute to the thought leadership, strategic vision and evolution of Smithfield’s integration platforms leveraging them through various architectures, designs, patterns implementations, and lifecycle management offerings.
- Manage the support delivery aspects of 3rd level platform support function over 24/7/365 with operational availability target expectations of 99.999% for integration platform assets as a matrixed team to Production management team.
- Lead the transformation of legacy application integrations towards alignment with Smithfield standards of reusability and reliability through initiatives and programs as assigned.
- Ensure that technical solutions are designed, installed and tested in a manner that meets the needs of the organization in a reliable and maintainable fashion.
- Ensure that all solutions follow security, compliance controls, and conformance to IT security policies.
- Responsible for all monitoring, escalations, design/estimation processes for ERP (SAP and JDEdwards, Warehouse Management, Manufacturing Execution platforms) Process Orchestration, EDI and Non-EDI frameworks and implementations for enhancements while partnering with Business Relations, Applications as well as Vendor/partner teams.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university and 8+ years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- A minimum of 5+ years’ experience with Integration systems (Boomi, GoAnywhere, SAP IDOC. PO)
- Experience in Integration with Workday, both external and internal integration (such as via Rest API, Boomi Connector, and SFTP).
- Experience integrating applications with SAP, preferably S/4HANA, required.
- Experience with middleware and Integration platforms such as Dell Boomi, PO/PI and MuleSoft, preferred.
- Experience with API gateways such as Apigee, Axway, APIconnect and Mulesoft, preferred.
- Expertise in vendor/service management via SLA’s, etc.
- Ability to influence and build relationships with Business Analysts, technology CIO leadership, external service providers, and architecture teams
- Knowledge and understanding of Information Technology architecture design concepts, strategies, and standards
- Knowledge and understanding of Cloud computing, PaaS design principles and micro services and containers is a plus
- Ability to communicate clearly with all levels of employees within the organization and external consultants.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technologies and changing business requirements.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and multiple project deliverables.
- Solid knowledge of business systems requirements, project management and ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and competing priorities
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Up to 25% travel required.
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but may act as a lead by providing training and guidance to others. This position is also responsible for providing oversight and mangement of our third party Service Providers.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- Although the majority of the time work will be performed in an office environment, must be able to visit and comfortably work in a plant, warehouse, distribution center or other manufacturing facility.
Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit .
More than 63,000 employees globally drive our success. We strive to create a fair, ethical and rewarding work environment.
GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT
Working at Smithfield isn’t just a job – it’s the foundation for a lifelong career with training designed to help you advance professionally.
Our people matter. That’s why we offer excellent, comprehensive benefits packages to our full-time employees.
Sustainability is ingrained in our culture and guides how we operate. We believe in innovating for the future.
About Smithfield Foods
Headquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, is an American food company with agricultural roots and a global reach. With more than 60,000 jobs globally, we are dedicated to producing “Good food. Responsibly®” and serve as one of the world’s leading vertically integrated protein companies. We have pioneered sustainability standards for more than two decades, including our industry-leading commitments to become carbon negative in our U.S. company-owned operations and reduce GHG emissions 30 percent across our entire U.S. value chain by 2030. We believe in the power of protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of millions of food servings to our communities. Smithfield boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as Smithfield®, Eckrich® and Nathan’s Famous®, among many others. For more information, visit , and connect with us on , , and .
Smithfield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.