LMCareers Business Unit
Rotary and Mission Systems
JEMINI is an exciting new multi-mission program for the Missile Defense Agency (MDA).
Members of the JEMINI team are highly motivated and have a sense of pride in being part of a special team in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
JEMINI is a branch of the MDA Command and Control, Battle Management, and Communications (C2BMC) National Team and collaborates with multiple contractors, universities, and other organizations. With agile and CI/CD methodologies, JEMINI is looking for a software developer near Colorado Springs, CO.
This position is for a Mid- Level Software Engineer on the C2BMC JEMINI program supporting the development of future missile defense capabilities. The candidate will primarily be responsible for software development using Java.
A successful candidate should be able to:
- Interact with other people using good verbal and written communication skills
- Work independently or with a small group
- Be flexible in a highly dynamic and ever-changing environment
- Provide in-depth analysis and technical support of a large, distributed system written in Java
- Perform complex problem resolution, design, development, testing, integration, and user-support for a large code baseline
- Follow specifications in order to develop or modify functionality within the code
- Assist with design, benchmark testing, debugging and documentation
- Interface with other system support groups to resolve problems, set standards and improve overall efficiency of the system
- Design, code, test and implement tools for automation
** Applicants must have Active Secret Clearance**
- 5+ years of Java Software development experience
- Knowledge of software practices and coding standards
- Strong problem solving skills, including the ability to review performance issues, identify root cause, recommend and develop a solution
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Current Top Secret Security Clearance
- Experience working as part of an Agile team
- Use of common software development and management tools such as git, Nexus, JIRA, Confluence, Maven or Gradle and Eclipse
- Understanding of standard system engineering design artifacts such as Use Cases and UML diagrams
- Familiarity with Java Spring
- Familiarity with containerization tools such as Docker/Kubernetes
- Knowledge of server side development and message passing
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Ability to Telecommute
Other Important Information
By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to work remotely
Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.
Work Schedule Information
Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Security Clearance Information
This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
4×10 hour day, 3 days off per week
Select the Telework classification for this position
Employee will work on-site full-time