The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job, but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign additional duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons:
Job Duties Include:
- Translate requirements into technical solutions.
- Perform technical and functional design and development.
- Assist Functionals in the creation of the Business Process Models
- Resolve issues that arise during development.
- Conduct unit and integration testing to ensure quality implementation.
- Create Unit Test documentation for the testing team
- Prepare detailed technical design documentation.
- Conduct technical design walkthroughs.
- Perform peer reviews on other developer code.
- Demo newly created software to the client and peers
- Update tracking/metric software for work being done accurately and on time
- Perform software code development; COTS software configuration; Integration; Data modeling and data migration, Testing and test support; Implementation/Deployment.
- Write well-documented code in compliance with established coding standards.
- Work independently and make actionable recommendations to managers, directors, and senior-level stakeholders based on technical expertise
Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice.
Skills/Qualifications: Excellent technical and data analysis skills, organizational and planning skills, excellent communication, and problem solving skills, problem analysis, attention to detail and accuracy, solid judgment and decision-making ability, takes initiative and is adaptable and customer service oriented.
Education and Experience: Ability to learn and utilize PeopleSoft Enterprise development tools including: Application Packages, PeopleCode, PeopleTools, Workflow, Application Engine, Component Interface, Integration Broker, and the Microsoft Office Suite including the possibility of Visio. This position prefers a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, or equivalent relevant business experience. The successful candidate will be entry level to as much as 3 years of professional experience based on technical skills proficiency. Security+ and PS certifications are encouraged for this position.
The candidate must also have the following skills:
- Ability to learn the following reporting tools: PS Query including Connected Queries, Tree Manager, XML Publisher
- Ability to learn one or more PeopleSoft application modules and integration between modules
- Knowledge of SQL, preferably Oracle, including performance tuning, space management, and DML
Clearance: Must be eligible for a Secret security clearance. Must be a U.S. citizen.