Leidos’ High Fidelity Simulation Business Area is responsible for architecting and implementing large-scale System of Systems solutions in support of world class simulation, training, and analysis products for the US Navy. You will get to work with state-of-the art technology developing the most sophisticated and “game changing” trainers the US Navy deploys. You will be part of a high powered, collegial, and ethical team, performing vital work that has a major impact within the US Navy. You will be constantly learning new skills and be encouraged and supported to develop the career you want to achieve. The hallmark of Leidos is empowered employees doing meaningful work. Join Leidos for a career, not just a job.
Leidos is seeking energetic, motivated, self-starters for these technically sophisticated and challenging software developer positions, leading teams in the development of a variety of naval training and simulation systems such as
You will develop real-time, acoustic simulation software using the best available tools and modern architectures. You will lead a team of high performing software engineers through all phases of development. Software is developed under Linux and programmed in C++, Java, and Python. Demonstrate proficiency in physics and mathematics to extend your reach on this team. Come join us as a front-line leader who can help to shape the future of our team and our incredible products!
Travel may be required to partner organizations or trainer sites (ncluding Pearl Harbor HI, San Diego CA, Bangor WA, Norfolk VA, Groton CT, and Kings Bay GA) but will account for less than 10% of the job.
- B.S./B.A. in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- You must have U.S. Citizenship and be eligible to obtain a U.S. Government granted security clearance. Employment is contingent on receiving an interim Secret security clearance.
- You must have 8+ years of experience developing software in C++, Java, or related languages.
- You must have a strong working knowledge of tools and libraries available for the Linux operating system, and be familiar with sound software engineering principles and methodologies.
- You will be exposed to many different attributes of professional software development and thus will need an ability to learn and apply new skills, and also share your own expertise with the team to improve our development capabilities.
- Advanced degree, continuing education in computer science, and/or advanced math/physics background.
- Cluster computing, signal processing, Kubernetes, numerical simulation, multi-threading, GPUs, data visualization, underwater acoustic modeling, familiarity with sonar systems.
- Experience with Agile development and Atlassian products.
- Experience using DevSecOps methods (Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery) and tools (Gitlab, Conan, Jenkins, Docker).
- Past team lead experience.
Pay Range: Pay Range $97,500.00 – $150,000.00 – $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.