Lead Software Developer (DotNet)
Remote – USA
Area of Interest
This position is remote and does not require regular in-office presence.
At Ameritas, fulfilling life is what we do daily. We continuously strive to help our customers and employees enjoy life at its very best by reducing uncertainty, helping grow assets and protecting what is most cherished. We’re here to help people put worry behind and the future ahead and help enable a life that’s rich in family, happiness, health, and financial security. When lives are fulfilled, our mission is fulfilled.
This position is responsible for maintaining and enhancing internally developed applications and updating of legacy applications to modern platforms. Address bugs, errors, and other issues in applications. Contribute to the design of future applications. Perform unit, functional, and regression testing of applications to deliver tested software programs. Maintain development and test environments. Make regular updates to the team Kanban board on assigned tasks. Generate technical documentation and supporting documentation at moderate to high levels of complexity with little to no supervision.
Success in this role will require a person who conducts themselves with honesty and integrity, while demonstrating strong relationship management and collaboration skills. Attention to detail will be key. Must be able to manage multiple changing priorities and communicate clearly (both verbal and written) on the same. This work environment will require someone who is flexible and embraces constant change.
What you do
- Design software programs and solutions of moderate to high complexity within Microsoft DotNet framework with future impact in mind
- Develop software programs and solutions of moderate to high complexity with future impact in mind
- Unit test software programs
- Implement software programs
- Maintain software applications
- Analyze problems with moderate to high complexity and provide solutions with future impact in mind
- Create and maintain documentation
- Collaborate with other IT and business associates
What you bring
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of experience required
- 2-4 years related experience required in DotNet framework and Microsoft SQL Server
- Required technical skills or experience:
- Database design (SQL and/or Oracle) and structured query language
- Unit testing
- ASP.Net webforms
- ASP.Net MVC
- Visual Studio
What we offer:
- Our company motto is “Fulfilling Life” and we take that job seriously, with a heavy commitment to volunteering and community support, employee well-being, and providing quality products and services that help our customers create a brighter future.
- Being a mutual-based organization, the return on our investment goes back into the company, to benefit our members/customers.
- We’re committed to professional development, opportunity, inclusion, and diversity. Team building and collaboration are also priorities.
- A total rewards package with all the comprehensive health and welfare benefits you’d expect, including competitive pay and incentives, 401(k), flexible work schedules and time off to care for yourself and others.
- Additional popular benefits, including tuition reimbursement, and student loan repayment, an incentivized well-being program, adoption assistance, paid time off for volunteering, training, and career development opportunities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer:
Ameritas has a reputation as a company that cares, and because everyone should feel safe bringing their authentic, whole self to work, we’re committed to an inclusive culture and diverse workplace, enriched by our individual differences. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that hires based on qualifications, positive attitude, and exemplary work ethic, regardless of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Salary range $86,381 to $138,209/year.
to watch a company video
Ameritas Life Insurance