Operations: Manufacturing, Production, Maintenance, Utilities
Maintenance Engineer – Des Moines, IA
This is a full time, exempt level position
This position will focus on improving plant reliability by incorporating precision maintenance practices into equipment repairs and rebuilds. This includes training and coaching of maintenance technicians as well as developing standards and procedures.
- Comply fully with local and ADM’s safety regulations/standards and promote safety culture. Help ensure the maintenance department meets goals for safety and health, environment, product quality, processing, costs and effectiveness
- Ensure a good understanding of current standard methodologies (elements) and deploy those agreed to in the business.
- Responsible for providing technical expertise to the Maintenance Team to improve the overall equipment efficiencysystems performance and reliability.
- Contributes to the analysis of actual equipment design and assists in the performance of failure mode and effect analysis.
- Works with Engineering Teams to develop new approaches for maintaining new and existing equipment.
- Mentor and provide guidance to mechanics, engineers and contractors on Maintenance Strategies and Technologies.
- Writes and update maintenance procedures and all pertinent documents.
- Supports execution of RCM process on existing equipment.
- Works with Planner to improve planning process and develop job plans thru periodic job audits.
- Maintains communications between maintenance, engineering, and technical projects
- Works with the Reliability Engineer to integrate PM’s and predictive/diagnostic work into the Preventive Maintenance Program
- Audits compliance for Food Safety and Quality Precision Maintenance into the Maintenance Program.
- 3+ years of experience in industrial manufacturing preferred
- Technical degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology, Electrical Engineering Technology, or in an Engineering field considered a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Computerized Maintenance Systems, (CMMS)
- Individual must be able to work productively within a team environment
- Individual must be accurate and trustworthy, with a positive attitude and embracing change in a dynamic manufacturing environment
- A maintenance engineer must be trained on at least the basics of planning and scheduling.
- Must understand the root cause analysis along with other basics of system knowledge.
- Must be very details oriented with significant maintenance experience rebuilding machinery
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veteran status.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a background check.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans status.
ADM unlocks the power of nature to enrich the quality of life. We’re a premier global human and animal nutrition company, delivering solutions today with an eye to the future. We’re blazing new trails in health and well-being as our scientists develop groundbreaking products to support healthier living. We’re a cutting-edge innovator leading the way to a new future of plant-based consumer and industrial solutions to replace petroleum-based products. We’re an unmatched agricultural supply chain manager and processor, providing food security by connecting local needs with global capabilities. And we’re a leader in sustainability, scaling across entire value chains to help decarbonize our industry and safeguard our planet. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional and sustainability challenges of today and tomorrow. Learn more at www.adm.com.