Winona Lake, IN
Are you a Manufacturing Engineer who has a strong background in lean manufacturing? Are you a Manufacturing Engineer who wants to be part of a well established company that has been in business for over 90 years? If you can answer “yes” to these questions, you should consider this opportunity.
Our client manufactures mine, tunnel, and industrial ventilation products for the North American and international markets. Our client also offers a complete line of industrial textile fabrics for the recreational vehicle, returnable packaging, agricultural, structural, and military industries. With a strong emphasis on continuous improvement our client is adding a new position—a Manufacturing Engineer reporting to the VP of Operations.
As Manufacturing Engineer you will:
- Champion and actively contribute to continuous improvement initiatives (eg. Kaizen, TPM, OEE, SMED, Root Cause Analysis, Value Stream Mapping, 7 Wastes, 5 Whys, etc).
- Identify and implement appropriate safe working practices and methods
- Coordinate manufacturing launches for new and revised products
- Develop PPAPs as required by customers.
- Generate FMEA analysis as required.
- Utilize SPC to control production methods/processes
- Maintain documentation to support IS0 9001:2015 program
- Create, train, and drive standard work methodologies for all shop floor and transactional processes.
- To specify equipment and tooling to enable quality product to be efficiently achieved/improved.
- To identify and recommend the purchase of capital equipment.
- Provide shop floor layouts and implementation programs for major factory movements.
As Manufacturing Engineer your background should include:
- A degree in Mechanical/Industrial Engineering
- Minimum of three years of related experience
- Track record of successful implementation of lean manufacturing techniques including Kaizen experience
- Experience working with fabric (laminated and coated) manufacturing process which includes fabricating, cutting, forming/sewing, and assembly a plus
- Experience in polymer manufacturing: extrusion, injection molding, or thermal forming a plus
- ERP experience
- AutoCAD experience
- Familiarity with HSE regulations
Our client is seeking local/commutable candidates.